choppachris' '71 deluxe microbus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choppachris

Reaction score
Just picked up my '71 bus project...PO stripped it for all it was worth and left it for dead. I am saving the old girl, plans are to drop it and drive it. This is my first bay, learning alot and having fun doing so!

No motor, missing front seats and middle seat, wrong windows in middle ( jalousie ), missing nose grill, one headlight bezel, wipers, ignition cylinder, and a couple of knobs. Rust isn't too bad, worst of it is around the bottom of the windsheild and the bottom of the rear vent glass...the small glass is actually out of the bus because the rust in this spot is so extensive.
I'll post some pics, but my camera is suffering from a few offshore fishing trips, lol...so sorry for the blurry pics. I'll post my progress, and look forward to learning from you all.

CIMG0685.jpg

CIMG0687.jpg

CIMG0679.jpg

Nice find, always nice to see one rescued as apposed to being cut up for parts, keep us up to date with this one.

Looks like a good project bus :D

Like all above, keeps us posted as you go ;)

Thanks everyone...I really love this bus. Since posting I've picked up a new rebuilt motor and a few other parts for it, just collecting parts and trying to keep it dry. I've gotten rid of my baja beetle project, I needed room to push this bus back and keep it dry under the carport. But in the bugs place, i've gotten another bus. :lol: I'll post a new thread with pics of the new bus.

Latest posts