• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Clean 1972 Sierra Yellow Westfalia Bus-SOLD!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Up for sale is a very nice, original, rust-free 1972 VW Westfalia camper. They don't make them like this anymore. This bus is super straight and 100% honest, with no body work of filler and all original Sierra Yellow paint that shines nicely. It is 99.9% rust free; the only rust spots were two half-dollar sized holes in the battery box which the previous owner ground down and POR-15'ed, so they are no longer an issue. The body is very straight, with a few dents and dings picked up over the years which you can see in the photos; I think they add character. The rear bumper is dented, and would look better if straightened out or replaced.

The interior is in pretty good shape, and has had new wood floors and interior panels installed. It retains all of its original camping interior, except for the sink/ice-box unit (I do have the small table that fold out of the side of the sink unit though -- not pictured). This includes the folding rear bed, jump seat, closet, rear storage compartment, overhead storage bin, and louvered camper windows. Also included is a child's cot which spans the front seats allowing for either more storage space while camping or for a place for a small child to sleep. The laminate on the cabinets is very nice, and the original mustard yellow upholstery is in pretty good shape. The dash is in great shape as well; it is not faded and has no cracks that I could see. The passenger seat has some tears in the upholstery, but the rest of the upholstery is in good shape. It has the original rubber floor mat up front and between the seats still intact. The pop-top canvas will need to be replaced.

It is missing a few small interior odds and ends here and there, but nothing major, and just needs someone with the time to piece it back together. One thing it does need is a new ignition, as the previous owner lost the key and had been using a screwdriver. This is an easy and cheap fix on these early busses though. It does not have a motor or transmission installed, but I will include a 2.0 liter engine complete with tin and exhaust in the sale.

I am more than happy to assist with out-of-state and out-of-country buyers. I have sold several busses to the UK in the past few years with no problems. I have a clean CA title in hand.

Overall, this is one of the nicest original paint bus projects I have found. There are no hacks to worry about and it is totally honest. The paint shines great and there is no rust to worry about. Here is a link to over 70 pictures that I took of the bus in addition to the pictures below: http://photobucket.com/72westfalia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Hopefully these pictures will help show how nice of a bus it really is.

I am asking $3200 USD obo for this bus, that's only £2022 at todays exchange rate! Please feel free to email me with any questions.

IMG_5185.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_5241.jpg

IMG_5254.jpg

IMG_5261.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

IMG_5263.jpg

IMG_5203.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.