Clutch Pedal 'Arm' Against Floor, Does Yours Touch?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cunning plan

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Clipper / Microbus
Where the clutch pedal connects to the 'arm' which connects to the cable, does the 'arm' section touch the floor / sit flush against it?

I am running new wiring and I want to use near the pedal as a route for the brake light switch wiring, but I cannot remember if the pedal arm goes against the floor or not?

:sign0009:

sparkywig said:
Yes, the clutch arm touches the cab floor and is tight against the chassis rail when operated.
Why don't you cable tie the new cable to the existing wiring loom?

Thanks!

As I do not have the original loom, I cannot remember how it runs to the brake light switch :(

How does it run to it? Does it go along the front clip (chassis side) then In between the brake and clutch and through the brake fluid filler tube hole? :|

'69 rhd loom drops down through the inner valance and runs to the back of the bus along the chassis leg next to the clutch pedal.

015.jpg

sparkywig said:
'69 rhd loom drops down through the inner valance and runs to the back of the bus along the chassis leg next to the clutch pedal.

015.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to post that Sparky!

How does it get to the break light switch though, does it just droop over the chassis rail? (mine is RHD too). :sign0013:

sparkywig said:
Yes, over the top of the chassis rail.

Thanks Sparky! Here I am trying to keep everything tidy and flush to the floor / chassis and VW from the factory just throw it over the rail :lol: :oops:

Latest posts