Collinite

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldensyrup

Reaction score
I will be using this on my freshly imported og paint delta Green Bay . And just wondering how many tubs people use on a bus??
I've got one 9 ounce pot of it but think I may need more

476s? If so it goes a long way, you don't need much, maybe about 2-3 coats. Maybe 1 tin.

Tub should last at least 20 waxes of the bus.

I haven't used Collinite specifically, but used a few other hard waxes. A 200ml pot usually lasts about 30-40 waxes (couple of coats each time) if applied thinly. A softer wax may last less time, say 20 waxes.

Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk

i used it on my panel van. first wax used loads it all soaked into the dry paint and made it awesome. after that a clean cut and 2 coats every 6 months it was great kept the patina top

Thanks for the replies.
Used some today on some patinad/sun burnt steels that I'm going to put on my bus and like u say it soaks straight in, but makes them look amazing. Can't wait to do the bus

Just waxed my van with it this weekend. My paints only 5 month old and being undercover thought it would be wise to wax it to give a bit more protection.

Its proper old school wax so just applied it as per old school :eek:

Made sure the bus was spotless (and completely dry) then applied with very slightly damp car wax sponge. Left for 5 mins then buffed off to a shine. Doesn't seem to leave white residue on rubber as well which is nice. Over old stuff just seems to soak in well. I used about 1/5 a tin on the bus for one coat on nice paint, assume old paint would be nearer 1/4 a tin. I would always do 3 coats from fresh.

*Cue the instagram over the top shot.

IMG_20160119_111845_zps0m7ztw3k.jpg

I like my detailing :shock: :D

IMG_20150916_204528_zps6d3gzsdd.jpg

If you aren't sure whats already on, id suggest using CarPro Eraser first to safely dissolve whatever old crap/old wax is on there (Do a test spot first just to make sure its safe) Its also the best glass cleaner on the planet and smells lush!

eraser_500ml_500x500_grande.jpg

Should last bloody ages that tin, I've done mine a few times and still loads left. Gonna do it again in spring. I find I tend to put it on thick, but I'm not sure ther is any benefit of that

Latest posts