Cool Air

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Sam*

Reaction score
Just went to buy a few parts from cool air about £30 and they wanted £9.95 postage.
All I wanted to order was a card glove box and and a single mount aerial hardly £9.95 worth of postage.

Poor service in my book.

Sam

Not meaning to jump on you, but think of ALL the costs involved, things aint cheap these days

jiffy bag/box and packing material alone will hit £4 to £5

Time to pick and pack these items ???

Postage itself probably by courier ????? (would cost you and me £6 to £9 at least!!!)

If you can get it collected, packed and shipped to yours for cheaper than the £9.95 I am sure they would let you arrange it :mrgreen:

It's probably a case that they have things in bands 0 to 15 squid go post at £5 (I am guessing)

15 to £50 are 9.95 and so on.

Alex is right.

I expect to pay post when ordering so either collect or put a decent sized order in so the post is 'spead' amoungst a number of parts.

Should also add that it takes time to pack and sent out items and as they are a business this needs to be recovered -I reckon on 1hr to box up and book out parcels when I sent out the parts I have for sale; to be honest it is a pain in the ass as frequently takes longer (albiet these are larger heavier parts).

Today I has quite happy to drop off a set of brakes to a EB members Brother, just under 30min round trip but no messing about with post so the better option ;)

Alex, James says hi :lol: ;)

Spend £50 and carriage is free, don't forget you already get 10% discount if you register as an earlybay forum user.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=42020" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

... and don't forget that postage rates went up loads recently!

I've been over to Coolair myself this week, had a nice 'hi Mike' as I was at the counter and have nothing but praise for their service, knowledge and range of products.

Tes, good call on the post costs -I needed to post a pump off to someone today, post was £9.75 guaranteed next day before 1pm according to the price finder on the website. Arrived at the PO and that would be £14.75 -why the extra fiver? Well, Saturday is not a normal working day so more expensive. Sent it 1st class as is just as likely to get there and cheaper but damn, that was alot.

A cheapo courier would have been less -and less for say 2kg, not 2kg :roll:

I guess it's just me that is tight then, although I have revived more than 10% discount on all items from JK and haven't paid postage, this includes an £40 order the other day.
To date I have always received a great service from JK sadly they don't sell the chrome aerial I wanted.

I understand that postage has gone up but if I had spent £10 more on things I don't need I would have got the postage for free, but surely the extra items would push the postage up due to weight meaning 1 of 2 things
A. They make less money due to the cost of postage eating in to profit.
B. excessive postage charges being charged to cover the cost of postage on orders over £50

Plus if I can send a rear bumper with DPD for £15 I cant see how an aerial and a card glove box is almost £10 in postage.

Just my opinion
Cheers
Sam

Sam

I'm with you pal... £9.95 does seem a little steep especially when one of their competitors are offering free postage on orders over £25.

Chris. :D

mysteryspots said:
Sam

I'm with you pal... £9.95 does seem a little steep especially when one of their competitors are offering free postage on orders over £25.

Chris. :D

Hi Chris im glad its not just me. I had read the web site but as the money guru him self (Martin Lewis) say i phoned to have a polite haggle.
I didn't ask for money off the parts as i thought they were reasonbly priced but did ask if anything could be done with the postage, i didn't expect or ask for free postage.

Alex and mattp i understand your point reference the extra costs involved and as i don't have my own company i don't know how much a bulk load of card board boxes and packing materials etc costs but I just can't see how locating 2 items from there stock, placing them in a box with packaging and arranging postage can equate to almost £10 when other companies always seem to manage free postage etc.
For example MJC imports sent me a rear bumper, splash pans and front splash pan the postage cost i paid was £20 this was after discounting the parts I'm not suggesting that it only cost him £20 but he cut me a deal following some polite and reasonable haggling.

This is only the second time during the preparation of my van that a company have not given me discount.
1st was the company that made my curtains and the 2nd was a tyre company.

JK, T2D, MJC, Batts VW, GSF and cube upholstery have all offered various discounts on items JK and T2D have been especially good and helpful with it.

Im sure cool air offer a great personal service and i would have loved to have visited them in person as i always find these sorts of shops great placeless to visit.

Cheers
Sam

This reminds me of ebay buyers who moan at the price of postage on a 99p bargain! :lol:

Slammed said:
This reminds me of ebay buyers who moan at the price of postage on a 99p bargain! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Mike F said:
One thing you have not mentioned is the actual cost in stamps on the parcel, or have I missed it?

I think my etc covered that, i think it's fair to say that I am in the miynority with my opinion on the postage.
Never mind Im not fussed by being diffrent.

Cheers
Sam

Mike F said:
I must be dumb, can't see your etc. Has the package arrived yet? How much did they put on in stamps?

My ETC is in the post that makes reference to discount from other companies.

I didn't order the parts because i am not willing to pay the £9.95 postage.

cheers
sam

The strange thing is that Cool air is one of the cheapest for postage for me as im highlands and islands.

I cant use JK as they automatically stick £12 on to everything. At least Cool air charge you what is actually costs.

The price of fuel and even postage with royal mail has rocketed to be fair, how much is a fist class stamp compared to a few years ago?. Most of these companies used a single courier, if the courier hikes his costs due to fuel etc then the shop has to pass it on to the customer. The couriers charge in bands as well so something small will cost the same as a larger item upto the next weight size band. I dont think the shops make anything out of postage to be fair.

In the interest of fairness I think you need to factor in a lot of things before you single out one shop. JK are by far and away the most expensive for me out of them all.

Johnny I understand your point but as I have said I haven't yet had to pay postage from JK so can't comment on there cost only state what I pay or don't in this case.

With ref to cost of royal mail I sent 3 pairs of children's shoes so I'm guessing about the same weight of an aerial and a card glove box, I also purchased a royal mail box (not the cheapest on the market) the total cost to pack and post from Milton Keynes to Dorset £5.

£9.95 just dose not add up.

Mike F I will get the parts from cool but only when I see them at a show, I'm sure there reputation will survive, most people seem to think there postage fair.

Cheers
Sam

Sam,

Assuming the parts were for a bay you could always have tried VWH

Liner £43

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Glove-compartment-68-79-Gen-VW-Cardboard-211857101A_act_shop.product_pID_64630_lang_EN_country_GB.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And Aerial £18.30

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Side-mount-aerial-single-mount-Chrome-Base-Z05180251C_act_shop.product_pID_39223638_lang_EN_country_GB.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You'd have got 'free post' too

That said, I've looked on the Cool air site and can't see a glove box liner / aerial for £30 so possibly not a fair comparison -only you know

Cheers Mattp, I didn't use VWH as the liner is more than double the price of the cool air version meaning I would have spent more money and its also out of stock.

Cheers anyway I appreciate the thought.
I will just wait until I go to a show that cool air are attended and buy one there.
Cheers
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts