Cool Air

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam, the reason I have got on my high horse about this issue is that in general we don't tend to slag people or companies off on earlybay. It's one of the things I don't miss from my time on the JK forum. Sorry to have carried on and on...

Also there is typo on my first post should read £40

With you all the way Sam.

Anyone who says £9.95 for less than 1kg of merchandise is a reasonable amount of p&p to pay is a MUG, fact.

City link charge £4.95 for up to 10kg, next day guaranteed, fact. I would never pull the wool over people's eyes with the "time it takes to pick and pack" old pony. Does that mean counter customers pay more because someone has to walk over and get if of the shelf?, of course not.

I post out tons of stuff and it doesn't take any time to do, it's part and parcel of business (no pun intended!!) city link print all postage labels and even supply the boxes and bags to send them out in, I am their customer and they want the business, the people I send to are my customers and I NEED their business. Postage costs are usually make or break if someone becomes a returning customer or even if they make a first purchase at all.

Defo poor service, conning another fiver out of people.

Nothing anyone can say about it, £9.95 speaks for itself.

Austin said:
Anyone who says £9.95 for less than 0.5kg of merchandise is a reasonable amount of p&p to pay is a MUG, fact.

City link charge £4.95 for up to 10kg, fact.

Defo poor service, quite alot of cool air products at over priced as it is, let alone conning another fiver out of people.

Very poor. Nothing anyone can say about it, £9.95 speaks for itself.

Well there is. Cool air offer us a discount which makes them competitive, they are very helpful, and i think you might want to look at p&p its not just the actual postage its the picking and packing and actual packaging that adds to the costs.

Shall i add a few "fact"s to make my post....

Austin said:
With you all the way Sam.

Anyone who says £9.95 for less than 1kg of merchandise is a reasonable amount of p&p to pay is a MUG, fact.

City link charge £4.95 for up to 10kg, next day guaranteed, fact. I would never pull the wool over people's eyes with the "time it takes to pick and pack" old pony. Does that mean counter customers pay more because someone has to walk over and get if of the shelf?, of course not.

I post out tons of stuff and it doesn't take any time to do, it's part and parcel of business (no pun intended!!) city link print all postage labels and even supply the boxes and bags to send them out in, I am their customer and they want the business, the people I send to are my customers and I NEED their business. Postage costs are usually make or break if someone becomes a returning customer or even if they make a first purchase at all.

Defo poor service, conning another fiver out of people.

Nothing anyone can say about it, £9.95 speaks for itself.

Mike F said:
Sam, the reason I have got on my high horse about this issue is that in general we don't tend to slag people or companies off on earlybay. It's one of the things I don't miss from my time on the JK forum. Sorry to have carried on and on...

No need to apologise Mike F i hadn't noticed you "going on and on" can you let this person know as well http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; i think they had a problem with JK and a missing part.

So as there is no longer any confusion i was/am not slagging off cool air i am passing my opinion in a polite manner.

I have not said that the personnel are poor, or the parts i just said that i felt the postage service they provide was expensive compared to what I have received from JK, MJC,T2D. These are companies that are in the same market as cool air so in terms of performance would this not make that part of the service poor ? hence my "poor service comment"

cheers
sam

No need to apologise Mike F i hadn't noticed you "going on and on" can you let this person know as well http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; i think they had a problem with JK and a missing part.

So as there is no longer any confusion i was/am not slagging off cool air i am passing my opinion in a polite manner.

I have not said that the personnel are poor, or the parts i just said that i felt the postage service they provide was expensive compared to what I have received from JK, MJC,T2D. These are companies that are in the same market as cool air so in terms of performance would this not make that part of the service poor ? hence my "poor service comment"

cheers
sam

Sam

You're in order.

Chris.

Anybody who runs their own business knows how much the costs are adding up these days, its harder and harder to make a profit let alone a living. You have to try and keep your selling price competitive to keep up your turnover thus this squeezes margins further.

Looking at this from another angle a few rough figures:

Product
Selling price = £40
Less VAT = £33.33
Gross profit (most retail works on 30-50% so lets say its 40%) =£13.33

Carriage
Price = £9.95
Less VAT = £8.29
Less cost (Austin says £4.95, presuming that's ex VAT and a good deal as that's what it cost me 5 years ago when running a distributor) = £3.34

So the retailer is making approx £16.67 on this sale

So for £16.67 the retailer has to fund:
Packaging
Storing it in a warehouse
Advertising
Run a website
Fund the payroll
Pay for services, electric, water, telecommunications...
Insurance
Business rates
Stationary
Repairs & renewals
Accountancy charges
Bank charges

And then try and make some net profit to pay the mortgage, feed the kids, go on holiday, pimp his ride (at cost price of cause :lol: )

I don't think its such a bad deal. Their target customer obviously spends more money on the average order and gets free delivery.

Postage is a costly addition but is needed. If you need advice on a part then you also need to pay for that advice somewhere along the line hence why VWH charge if you order over the phone (a big big bare of mine even if the order is over £50 and you know what you need) and as a result I have to put that cost onto my customers which is why I use sources closer to home for most parts. Some bits I keep in stock that I collect when traveling by them to help my customers bills be lower.

But also look at it this way, could you collect for less?? I couldn't from Coolair, VWH it C&C which is why I pay the £10 P&P when I have to.

Sent from my iLife4 suite of applications.

mister said:
Looking at this from another angle a few rough figures:

Product
Selling price = £40
Less VAT = £33.33
Gross profit (most retail works on 30-50% so lets say its 40%) =£13.

Peeling off at a tangent here!

Your demonstration of the price breakdown is spot on, and it particularly riles me when I see adverts in the classifieds sections suggesting that items are worth what someone has paid for them new, when in actual fact the real worth of the item is significantly lower on the second hand market because the private seller doesn't have these overheads etc... and then you need to add depreciation of course because said item is now second hand and not new!

So really, if one buys something for £40 and decides one no longer wants/needs it, it's probably actually only worth a tenner when you come to sell it on.... :?:

But then you have to add the scene tax I guess! :lol: and no-one is seriously going to sell something for a 1/4 of what they paid for it... but, expecting to recoup 100%... VAT/Labour and all... do I look like I was born yesterday! :lol:

as you were! LOL!

(I normally aim to 'punt' stuff on for 50% of what I paid for it..or look for previous ads of the same things and use those as a guide if I didn't buy it new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts