Cornwall Sept 2012

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysteryspots

Reaction score
:D Had a few days down in Cornwall with the lads earlier this month. I faniced going down the A49 from Wigan so we got early darts from work and set off at 13:30. It absolutely chucked it down until we got to the Shrewsbury area but then sun most of the way for the remainder of the journey. We crossed the Second Severn Bridge (a first for me) at 18:00 which was great and wasn't too bad for time. After a refuel in Bristol we got to Junc 26 on the M5 and decided to look for a pub for tea and a stop over. We came across this place http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Blue-Ball-Inn-Sampford-Moor/242013149218315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Great food and they let us stay on the night on their car park! After a few jars we was playing pool and I heard one of the locals mention Skittles, I butted in to ask if they had an alley and what do you know, they had one in the back room!! Skittles are a bit novel for us northerners but after beer great fun!!
20120912_220621.jpg

I would totally reconmend this place, Nice staff and locals, Free pool, free skittles, free camping!
The next morning was beautiful so we set off happy..
We found a place to clean the busses in Hayle, they were crummy after the trip
CornwallSpt20122.jpg

We arrived at the Beachside Campsite at 13:00, great site but not good for lowered busses.major scrapes over the speed humps, I'm suprised my engine support bar is still there.
CornwallSpt20125.jpg

We ate out a couple of times in the Bucket of Blood which is superb! and there is a decent Indian in Hayle.
We dropped lucky with the surf
CornwallSpt20123.jpg

CornwallSpt20124.jpg

But not so lucky with the fishing, we didn't catch a bo bean.
We had a ride out to Pool market on the Saturday to pick up some meat for a barbie, there is a butcher there, great value meat and great quality, if you're in the area check the market out, it also has a real Pirate :p who after being pestered gave us a "YAAARRRGHHH" :lol:
We set off home on Sunday morning at 10:00 and after hitting some traffic got back home for 18:30.
I recon I was getting around 20 to the gallon and the bus didn't miss a beat!!

They don't have these in Wigan
CornwallSpt2012.jpg

Chris :D

Latest posts