Coventry...any recommendations for a quick run out?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valbarley

Reaction score
I fancy giving Tillie a small run tomorrow

Anyone have any suggestions of somewhere scenic, that I can have a picnic, preferably some sort of water (have 2 labradors, they dont consider it a walk unless they are wet) within 20-30 mile of Coventry?

Would like to park the van up and have a view, rather than stuffed in a car park :(

Any suggestions welcome :)

We're thinking of Pitsford Water / Brixworth Country park. Plenty water, 7 miles walk or cycle round & car park is nicely placed for view & cafe.
I think dogs are allowed - they aren't at my local reservoir Draycote Water. (Our dog long gone I'm afraid).

Won't be going in bus as dash is out & steering wheel being tarted up in the warm house.

Phil.

Sutton Coldfield Park isn't too far. There's a Toby Carvery there, water and a lot of grassy area. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutton_Park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Went there in the van when I lived in Birmingham :)

Burton dasset country park, just the other side of gaydon on the way to Banbury.

Hills, walks lots of dogs etc and very scenic for photos

http://www.burtondassett-pc.gov.uk/Country_Park/country_park.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks all, went with Burton Dassett

50 mile round trip, perfect for a little run to keep her going :)

No water but they were happy enough

Haven't been to sutton park for years but might give it a go in the summer - you used to be able to park anywhere there

I think Kingsbury parking is restricted to the main car parks?

Some pics, is a nice place!

P1050118_zps003ea0ba.jpg

P1050071_zpsd86eda12.jpg

P1050063_zps88277115.jpg

P1050083_zps62368baa.jpg

P1050093_zpsb66c2e26.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it Val, the hill up to it is interesting but once there it's fine, we go fairly regular and I've got a few shots of my bus there as well :)

Latest posts