• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Crew cab project for sale..... PRICE DROPPED!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

john.stone

Reaction score
I bought this over a year ago and have done a fair bit to it but have decided to put it up for sale. It's a '69 South African import so it has the benefit of being right hand drive.

051220072370.jpg

051220072371.jpg

I had the underneath blasted and etch primed before starting any of the repair work. It's had all the rot repaired, new cab floor sections, rear floor sections, inner and outer sills, front cab steps, front valance and the engine compartment sections replaced. It's totally solid now and ready for paint underneath.

Loadbed2.jpg

offside.jpg

nearsidesill.jpg

cabfloor2.jpg

rearfloor.jpg

The rear load bed isn't bad considering it's probably worked all its days. The drop sides are fairly straight but the bottom edges are holed. I'm having some replacement sections fabbed. The rear dropgate is usable but not great. The cab doors are good as is the engine lid.
All the suspension parts have been blasted and powder coated with the front beam having been cut and turned to give a 50mm drop. This is still in bare metal though. All new ball joints have been fitted and new rear wheel bearings and CV joints.

Suspensionparts.jpg

rearhubs.jpg

My plan was to install Porsche disks all round and these are available as an option with all the necessary adaptors and a set of Porsche Twists.
I bought it without an engine or box and have sourced a late bay 2 litre 6 rib gearbox and type 4 engine. The engine was rebuilt by Laurie Pettit a couple of years ago and has allegedly only covered a couple of thousand miles since it was rebuilt. Mounts have been fabricated to get this to fit. The engine does need some assembly but it's all there.

Enginebay.jpg

So what would it need to finish it apart from assembling? Well, paint for starters but my plan was always to keep it fairly knocked about looking but in fresh, matt paint. You'll need to reinstate the electrics as these were shot. Lights too, these were beyond re-use. The seats are there but could do with recovering. Locks are in issue as I never got keys with it and the ignition was damaged. There'll be bits and pieces and some interior re-trimming but it's mainly all there.
I'm looking for £3300 for the shell, original suspension and rolling gear and all the parts I have for the van.
For the Porsche running gear, brakes, adaptors and the twists I'm looking for an additional £1000.
For the engine and box I'm looking for £1000 which is what it cost me.
I'm not splitting any of this until the van is sold as I reckon it's a cracking package for someone looking for a crew cab. Realistically this could be on the road after a matter of weeks as all the groundwork has been done. Get it MOT'd and register it and off you go.
The van is near Glasgow, if you fancy it, PM me and we can chat about it. I can deliver on a trailer if the buyer covers the costs.

Thanks for looking, John.

Oh, I do like DC's.... 8)

Price seems reasonable too (I would have it but to many projects :( ) so good luck on the sale ;)

Hi, just in case there's any confusion, in the first pics it shows the South African number plate, not a UK 'T' plate.

Thanks, John.

So do I and I've already got one which makes it worse!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I start the painting of the underside of it this weekend. It's to be etched primed, stone chipped, primed then probably going to get a hit of dove blue top coat.
After that I'm going to get it rolling to see if that gets the juices flowing for someone.....

feel free to stop me making it worth more money by buying it now.

John...

Okay, new prices:

I'm looking for £2900 for the shell, original suspension and rolling gear and all the parts I have for the van.
For the Porsche running gear, brakes, adaptors and the twists I'm looking for an additional £900.
For the engine and box I'm looking for £900 which is a bit less than it cost me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts