Cross-Channel Travel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyh

Reaction score
The EBI thread, (fantastic pics btw, thank you to the snappers), has got me thinking about our forthcoming summer hols. Which is easier in a lowered bus; ferry or tunnel? My main concern is ground clearance on the ramps on and off, but any other top tips and handy hints gladly accepted. It's on dropped spindles and lower profile although not "slam" tyres at the front, rear down to keep it level.
Of course if my engine doesn't turn up soon then we'll be taking something diesel and french, (don't ask), and this particular problem goes away :cry: .

Unless youre really low then a van will get on either ... ferry is normally cheaper, eurotunnel is quicker/easier.

On the way to Ninove there was etunnel full of slammed buses, slamwerks made it on and off, don't think mine rubbed and it was pretty slammed, you'll be fine

Clem said:
Unless youre really low then a van will get on either ... ferry is normally cheaper, eurotunnel is quicker/easier.

Just remember to check Eurotunnel's current LPG policy, definitely no fixed LPG tanks allowed (unless they changed their minds again), portable cylinders are allowed if they meet certain criteria (usually on their website)

:D

G

Latest posts