Danbury Interiors

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcvw

Reaction score
Hi,

The interior of our 71 Danbury has at some stage been replaced with that of a Westfalia (contintental model).

We searched the web for Danbury layouts/plans but found nothing concrete. We even contacted Danbury - as they are selling the "new" bay-window campers but they were as helpful as a chocolate teapot ;)

We had hoped Danbury would be able to tell us some more history of our bus as it still has the original tag on the rear (between engine lid and hatch) - but again no luck :(

Does anybody have Danbury interior plans - or photo's of good examples?

Thank you,

Mike

Hi mike , i to have a Danbury :D , if you have a look on the Gallery i think that one of the other members has posted picks of there Danbury interior.
andy

Hello Mike,

Yes, as Andy says, you will see some in the Gallery.
For example, if you haven't already found it, go to '1971 Danbury' posted by Wannabay. Everything you see in the interior picture is 100% original.

The company producing the new Danbury bays has no connection with the 'old' Danbury, other than that it has the rights to use that name.

If you are after an original interior, they do crop up from time to time on ebay. I have recently seen one or two complete interiors on there in good condition.

I have a couple of original brochures somewhere. I'll see if I can dig them out and maybe put them up on here. :)

Doug

I have a 1970 Danbury tintop. Although I have slightly changed the way the interior works in mine it still has the bed in the centre of the van which leaves the boot area for storage and gives greater headroom! This works pretty well for us and I can do a full width, 3/4, single bed or single bed x 2. I don't have the sink unit (which is removable) giving a full width back seat with 3-point belts both sides. When I decided to buy a bus, back in 2000 I opted to buy a Danbury as I could fit 2 baby seats for my twins in the back and still seat my other 2 kids, leaving the middle seat at the rear for my wife to use when she went into the back. I have the original plans from Danbury which I will scan and put up on this site when I have time.

Here is a scan of the original brochure. The quality of the photos in the early brochure was not great, but here it is anyway. (Note the sticky label covering the printer's error 'Volkswagon'! :lol:)

img190.jpg

img193.jpg

img195.jpg

img196.jpg

:)

wow, just found this post/thread.
Perfect! we have a '70 Danbury with most original parts/pieces. Only missing the original cooker. Still looking for a reliable seller there!
Parts Emporium guy seems a bit aloof... :?

Do a search on Danbury interior in the VZI for sale section.
A guy in the midlands was selling one a while back. Didn't include the cooker but from memory quite a lot of the furniture was there.

I spoke with him because at the time i was trying to get a Danbury conversion van but the sale fell through.

Mike

Hi erin-rae. Have you put pics up for us yet of your van? :D

Re trying to find a cooker, keep an eye on ebay too. If you select 'motorhome and campervans/parts' and then type in 'Danbury' it should show up any related stuff. I've seen full interiors and parts such as cookers etc on there from time to time. :D

Cool thanks guys :D

Ah, yes about the photos... have taken some just not gotten round to posting, sorry.

I did find a guy selling cooker on SSVC forum but as not a member, cannot contact him unless I wait the week or so to register... still hoping for a hand from local guys.

Not sure on what exactly my van interior would have originally looked like, hoping to contact original owner for photos or discussion...

got turquoise (blue to me) duracour cushions but not convinced they were original now, I just dont know :? hummm.

Keeping eye on Fleabay, will check out VZi, not really been there much yet... :wink:

mcvw said:
Hi,

The interior of our 71 Danbury has at some stage been replaced with that of a Westfalia (contintental model).

We searched the web for Danbury layouts/plans but found nothing concrete. We even contacted Danbury - as they are selling the "new" bay-window campers but they were as helpful as a chocolate teapot ;)

We had hoped Danbury would be able to tell us some more history of our bus as it still has the original tag on the rear (between engine lid and hatch) - but again no luck :(

Does anybody have Danbury interior plans - or photo's of good examples?

Thank you,

Mike

Hi,

as Danbury Doug says, you'll find some pics of my 1971 danbury on the gallery forum, it is all original apart from the wheels/lowering. I'm in SE London, so not too far if you want to see it 'in the flesh'. Unfortunately it's developed an intermittent electrical won't start problem, so until I get that sorted I'm not straying too far

gerry

Here are a couple of shots of some Danbury's I've owned - - may be of some help to you?

MVC-003F.jpg

SamOct25th2007015.jpg

VansFeb2006021.jpg

KYTGJs21stDKWeddingSpain05006.jpg

KYTGJs21stDKWeddingSpain05007.jpg

RandomPicturesOctober2006072.jpg

RandomPicturesOctober2006074-1.jpg

I've got an original owners manual somewhere too - this gave a graphical illustration of every layout you could have...

Erin-rae they did produce Danburys with blue upholstery. It was exactly the same material (texture/pattern) as the red seating in Wannabay's Danbury.
Once your pictures are up we can let you know what is original or not. :D

Dan, what a lovely collection you've had! 8)
I see you also had the rare late bay twin slider Danbury minibus. I have the original brochure for that one too.
I saw one of those buses on ebay recently (I think it was on there). 8)

Doug

Danbury Doug said:
Erin-rae they did produce Danburys with blue upholstery. It was exactly the same material (texture/pattern) as the red seating in Wannabay's Danbury.
Once your pictures are up we can let you know what is original or not. :D

Dan, what a lovely collection you've had! 8)
I see you also had the rare late bay twin slider Danbury minibus. I have the original brochure for that one too.
I saw one of those buses on ebay recently (I think it was on there). 8)

Doug

Thanks for the compliment!

As for the upholstery - so far I've had a red, a blue and a green set - all the exact same pattern/texture, just different colours...

Pictures of ours are here
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=3348

I have a brochure somewhere, really must scan that some time.

Erin-rae...If you buy a Danbury cooker make sure it has the original brass looking connector for the gas bottle, a standard regulator will not work properly.

Latest posts