• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Deep blue 1971 camper, looking for a new home.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danbus

Reaction score
Deep blue 1971 camper, looking for a new home. £8500.

Reluctantly but inevitably I am putting my much loved 1971 campervan on the market.
I have owned the van for about 9 years, in that time I have always had it MOT'd and serviced, always kept on top of the bits that need attention and most of the time it's lived in a garage out of the elements...
I'm selling as I really can't justify hanging on to it any more, the camping trips have slowly dropped off the radar and the cost of keeping it roadworthy, although relatively low, doesn't equate when I've done three camps in two years.. :-(
I'd love it to go to another family to provide summer fun for years to come! It will be missed...

So.. What's the spec?

1971 ex microbus with custom interior loads of cupboard space.
Danbury poptop - masses of headroom
3way fridge
2ring stove with grill
3/4 rock n roll bed in red corduroy
Zig unit with 240v site hook up
Roof bunks + Over the cab hammock - sleeps 5!
Venetian blinds.
Deep blue paintjob up to the gutters, white roof.
Kenwood head unit plays mp3 discs + front and rear speakers.

2 litre engine Type 4, twin carbs.
Fast matched 2 litre gearbox really rocks it down the motorway.
Pertronix flamethrower coil + Electronic ignition - accelerate up hills!
Empi twin exhaust

All the rounded curvy bits in the right places - bumpers, air intakes, lights etc.
Billet side step, cool as windscreen visor, driver and passenger rain guards.
Old Skool roof rack.
Oh and it's lowered a tad too...

Mot runs till June as far as I remember. It is of course Tax exempt too, comes with a disc till May or June.. Will double check these dates but I got it all sorted at the end of spring this year...

It does need a bit of work over the winter and would make a great little project.
Couple of rusty patches: engine lid and slider handle could do with a fix.
Driver side dog leg is a bit crusty.
Paint is not top notch, although it's a lovely colour, it's 'split' in a few areas which looks a bit odd when you get up close, not really a big worry though.
Exhaust has seen better days.
Speedo is not working, something went ping and it died. Cable has been replaced.
Fridge not hooked up to gas.
I have been considering putting a new set of curtains in.

I'm trying to figure out whether to sell now -worst time of year I know! - or put it into the garage for a full spruce up over the winter and then put on the market for a few K more come May next year...

The Van is currently living in South London, near Dulwich.

Hi

Interested in the bus, just what i'm after.

I have a very nice '67 bug which i could p/ex.

Please pm if interested and i'll send you some photos.

Thanks
Dave

Hi is it still for sale, interested in coming to see it please, can you send your number to arrange.
Cheers Gavin

Got a mint T5 and I'm looking for a decent bay :lol: Steve 07768840723

The van had its first serious viewing yesterday. It was deemed a fair price but the potential buyer was after something that required less work to bring up to scratch. I would say that's a fair comment as it does hanker after a bit of love over the winter, but if you have the time And the plans it really won't tAke much to make great for the summer.

Planning to put The Van up on eBay this weekend...

Landing on ebay classifieds tomorrow morning..
:shock:

Classified page up and running!

http://r.ebay.com/7n0vwx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts