Delux Trims

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willi76

Reaction score
Got a lovely gift from the postie today in the form of a big box with some delux bumper trims 8) The only problem is how do i mount them to the bumpers? There are two large triangular holes at either end of both the front and the back. Just wondering if these are anything to do with it :eek:
Anyone fitted these in the past and who can advise me or does anyone have any suggestions??

willi76 said:
Got a lovely gift from the postie today in the form of a big box with some delux bumper trims 8) The only problem is how do i mount them to the bumpers? There are two large triangular holes at either end of both the front and the back. Just wondering if these are anything to do with it :eek:
Anyone fitted these in the past and who can advise me or does anyone have any suggestions??

The triangular holes are where the rubber mounts into. There should be some small round holes that will be obscured by the rubber, put small bolts through here.

Thanks for the reply Clem but i've looked and theres no holes in the back apart from the big triangular ones. The rubbers are in situ already and the triangular holes are at the back of the trims at either end. How easy is it to take out the rubbers and put my own bolt holes in as they seem pretty well fixed in to me?

willi76 said:
Thanks for the reply Clem but i've looked and theres no holes in the back apart from the big triangular ones. The rubbers are in situ already and the triangular holes are at the back of the trims at either end. How easy is it to take out the rubbers and put my own bolt holes in as they seem pretty well fixed in to me?

Immerse the trims and rubbers in very hot water, when theyve softened up, youll get the rubbers out and should see the mounting holes - honest.
Take care though.

They are held in place by three little self tapping screws that are concealed behind the rubber. If you buff the underside of the trim gently you will see the holes. They may be filled with the remnants of the screws and be a little difficult to see but they are there.
As Clem said, be gentle when prying out the rubbers as they are a bit brittle with age.
When I put mine back in I used the hot water method but I also used some petroleum jelly to get them back in. Must have worked as they are still there after 4 years now.
R0012857.jpg

Thanks guys. I will have a go at them this weekend and show you the progress if i manage to get them on :D

Latest posts