deluxe windows trim insert

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenhewkin91

Reaction score
hi all,

fitted 2 sets of deluxe 3/4 windows and new quarter-lights quite successfully.

However about 10 inches of trim insert has popped out. does anyone have any good hints or tips on how to get in back in without removing the windows?

cheers in advance

Easiest way is doing before you put the frames back in, but you can put the metal trim back in if the windows are in place - it's not easy but i have done it on a couple, there is a bit of a knack to it and you to be patient! Also you need good quality rubbers and lots of Silicon spray and make sure it get in the rubber seal all round - no dry areas - best things once you have 'lubed' it run the tool all round first before attempting it because if it doesn't run smooth all round you have bugger all chance when you add the metal trim into the mix. I made a tool for doing out of a heavy duty push bike spoke.

thanks for the reply.

however 95% of my trim is in and its only about 10 inches along the top that has popped out. either side of the bit that has popped out is fine.

do you think your way would still work?

Yes it would work, It's easy to tear the rubber but we offer a tool which helps:

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Tool-for-metal-window-trim-NON-RETURNABLE-Multi-bits-011898109_act_shop.product_pID_115225.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts