Deluxe windscreen trim tool

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VivaSkegVegas

Reaction score
Any one know where to get a tool for fitting the deluxe metal trim? I have a generic one but the aperture is a fraction to small.

Cheers T

Fit the trim to the rubber when the rubber is on the glass - use you fingers or you may damage the trim. Then fit all to van. If you've already fitted the rubber and glass to the van you'll have to take it back out. :(

ZedBed said:
Fit the trim to the rubber when the rubber is on the glass - use you fingers or you may damage the trim. Then fit all to van. If you've already fitted the rubber and glass to the van you'll have to take it back out. :(

unless its the plastic trim.

i did the above and cant face popping out all the windows yet. if you desperately need a tool there is a morris parts supplier who do a decent quality one with all the bits and cheaper than the equivalent vw places, but i cant remember their name or website off the top of my head.

antoine said:
ZedBed said:

unless its the plastic trim.
He asked for metal :) . Yes plastic trim opposite method and in last.

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_act_search.searchResults_lang_EN_country_GB.htm?sType=quick&maxDisplayRows=25&searchText=011-898-109&veh1Type=&btnSearch=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are two types available :mrgreen:

Latest posts