Heat Exchange Mis fit

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Letts

Reaction score
I have recently had anew exhaust and heat exchange fitted but noticed the garage didn’t connect the cool air hoses with the required figments and seals. After taking the hoses out I noticed the heat exchanges don’t fit on to the chambers. I have loosened every nut possible but they still will not wiggle in to place. Is there any reason I can’t bridge the small gap with metal air hose and gum gum tape?

Attachments

• IMG_3292.jpeg
    IMG_3292.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
I personally wouldnt do that. Gun gum tape etc is a very slippery road to muckiness and things not fitting right. I’d have a chat to the garage and ask them how bad a fit this exhaust is in real life. If it’s not useable then send it back. Yes ,, we all want a new exhaust as it looks and sounds great but they have to fit nicely and theres lots of stuff about that dont fit properly from the get go.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, take it back or send it back :)

I personally wouldnt do that. Gun gum tape etc is a very slippery road to muckiness and things not fitting right. I’d have a chat to the garage and ask them how bad a fit this exhaust is in real life. If it’s not useable then send it back. Yes ,, we all want a new exhaust as it looks and sounds great but they have to fit nicely and theres lots of stuff about that dont fit properly from the get go. Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, take it back or send it back :)

The after-market exhaust heat-exchangers and silencers for air-cooled VWs, are reknown for poor fit & finish, and I have written about this many times in Transporter Talk magazine, VW Motoring magazine and various on-line forums.

Danskpart, whose whose managing director in Denmark, I had correspondence with many years ago, are especially well known for poor quality, and some VW mechanics refuse to supply & fit (or attempt to fit!) their products!

Latest posts