• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Devon MOTENT awning - official uk VW awning

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupert the bay

Reaction score
OK...so i`ve had several Motent awnings, each time moving up to a better one....this is the last, and is pretty much unused

made in the UK for devon, the official VW awning for the UK market

check out the pics, the canvas is spotless, no sun fade
every elasticated guide and toggle is imacculate, not even any mud on them, the roof is perfect, obviously, no rips or tears

complete with (unused ) rubbery ground sheet, original fabulous curtains, its even got all the original pegs and guide ropes (look unused, i fastend 2 on to erect it for the pics)
original bags

its fantastic !!!!!!!!!!

think period wise...think this one is the 1st of the motents, for the very early bays, late 60`s ...of a splitty owner who decided after 3-4 years cramped camping, they needed the official VW living space :lol:
motent002.jpg

motent004.jpg

motent006.jpg

motent007.jpg

motent008.jpg

motent011.jpg

motent019.jpg

motent020.jpg

motent022.jpg

check out the curtains !!!!

motent024.jpg

unused ground sheet
motent025.jpg

barely used pegs !!!!!
motent033.jpg

original `official volkswagon` awning bags

motent031.jpg

motent028.jpg

you will NOT find a better kept original 1st edition VW Motent ... i promise you

MUST have accessory....

i have many nice old awnings, so this will NOT get used, which is a real shame, this should be the perfect finishing touch to someones bus who will appreciate and use a FINE awning

£250
40 year old unused devon motent awning ;) find another
based in north east england, can deliver to leeds area...or arrange courier for about £20 ??

Latest posts