Different Offsets / Fuchs Replicas 5,5x15 112 PCD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reto

Reaction score
I want to order a set of fuchs replicas. 5,5x15 with 5/112 PCD, black / polished.

Is it right that there are different offsets? I saw ET45, ET35 and ET25. (Just watched online at Machine7, Coolair, MWS...)

Which offset have your fuchs replicas? (Pictures?)

Thanks for your help :D

Reto

P.s. Another question: Is there a way to get RADER wheels with 5/112 PCD??

Hello there right then the black and polished fuchs with 5x 112 all come from MWS and have a terrible offset, they do look pretty gash :cry: But out now are the new MWS fuchs much more like OG fuchs and the flat 4 type. It seems that if you buy the polished or chrome type you get the new casting all good, :p but the detailed MWS fuchs are the old type still :? So easy answer buy the polished or chrome ones and get them detailed :idea:

and end up with a cool set of shoes 8)

Thanks for your help. Do you have links where i can buy the new (better) replica wheels?

But back to my basic question: Wich Offset have the different wheels???

I think it's only the Flat4 (5x130) that are ET45, which is equal to ET25 when fitted with 20mm adapters.

Here's mine -

Picture058.jpg

Wow! Gorgeous wheels and stance :D
Thats exactly the look I'm after.
What size and offset are your Fuchs? and where did you get them?
I'd like to stay wide 5 but it could be a good reason to go front discs :)
Cheers,
Matt.

Cheers.

Fronts are 4.5, rear 5.5 all ET45. I bought mine from Alex Magro http://www.magrowheels.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in Florida as he had a set when they were hard to find
and he also painted them for me.

But have a look here -

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10046" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So have I got this right.........
Yours are - 15 x 5.5 ET45 rear
- 15 x 4.5 ET45 front
And do you have adapters? What difference does this make to offset?
Thanks again for your help, I don't know much about wheels, I just know they have to be Fuchs. I've been looking for ages for the stance I want for my panel and yours is it :D
At the moment I'm running standard wide 5 setup all round.
Matt.

Yes, I have 20mm adapters on.

I'm not sure about the wide 5 to Porsche adapters, I think they're 25mm.

Ask this guy -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bay-T2-to-Wide-5-adapters-Vw-Split-screen_W0QQitemZ170274348294QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170274348294&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just my 2p worth so if you want to tell me to mind my own business then please go ahead.

first of all, *proper* fuchs are 5 on 130.

if you want to run them on a late bus, then of course your options are to *faff about* (actual technical term) with your hubs and brakes or (shock horror) fit adaptors.

OR run the 'new' 5 on 112 'fuch - style' replicas, which are fuchs in the same way that sunny delight is orange juice.

if you want to run them on an early bus (and this IS early bay after all) and you want to roll with adaptors then i see no reason at all to run the replicas... the offset and quality of the original 'porsche' wheel for the win every time, and you're gonna need an adaptor whether it's wide 5 to late bay or wide 5 to porsche... unless i'm barking up the wrong tree, which isn't unknown...

:oops:

that said, the flat 4 'replicas' are said to be bang on the money... i'll stop now; i'm getting nowhere...

:mrgreen:

Flat4 replicas are indeed a fine quality wheel, and don't require any faffing ( :wink: ) with inner tubes, unlike genuine 4.5 and 5.5 Fuchs.

Flat4
2133644890075421273S600x600Q85.jpg

There is the option of Creative 5x130 drums and hubs but I don't think there is the equivalent disc option for the front,
unless you go for a Porsche brake conversion.

The new MWS castings for their Fuchs are a lot better now, maybe they're Flat4 rejects...?? :lol:

MWS
P040808_2023.jpg

hey hold on a minute... are you justin oval off vzi ?

(hazarding a wild guess there :roll: )

man, EVERY time you made a post on there you were bang on the money... used to crack me up :lol:

i don't want this wheel thread to degenerate into a love-in or anything, plus i've kind of declared my love for charlie charles now but i just wanted you to know 8)

That's me (him?)

We've really missed you over there, but now I've found you again and know you're OK I feel I can move on with my life. :lol:

[hug]

Here is a pic I took of the new MWS fuch's at Breeze being sold by Karmann Konnection. It still looks like they will be using recessed bolts which i think will mean the offset is wrong, but don't quote me on that! Still I guess if you use an adapter to fit originals, there might not be much difference when fitting these replica's straight on?

494539.jpg

Hey Justin, the yanks use valve's on their earlies, but i've always used tubes on mine, never found a valve that works over here.

Gareth

Valves and a radial tyre? Might be OK in US but we have bends and corners on this side of the Atlantic. :p

silversurfer 1 said:
NewWheels020-1.jpg

These are new Fuch Replicas quality looks ok.

Nope those are the old style, notice the flat rim edge, the thin spoke where it meets the centre and late fuch style non dished spokes.

Gareth

Here is the new fuch for the 5 x 112 pdc 71' on bays, from a thread in the gallery (hope the owner doesn't mind):

P161008_1529.jpg

Notice the different look, with a much more curved rim edge and wider spoke at the centre and the way the spokes dish inwards to the rim.

I also have found out the offset is 6mm on these new one's, so they wont exactly sit very far in the arches compared to a genuine set with adapters!

Gareth

Latest posts