Disc brake conversion kit

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Putley

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a Futbus front disk brake conversion for stock 14" wheels that now needs a bit of a service.
Does anyone know the details of the parts that were used in these conversion kits?
I think all parts were from various VWs, Polo, Golf etc but I'm not sure.
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Adam

Putley said:
Hi everyone,

I have a Futbus front disk brake conversion for stock 14" wheels that now needs a bit of a service.
Does anyone know the details of the parts that were used in these conversion kits?

Many thanks,

Adam

Mine's a 15" kit but I'll dig them out, from memory it's Merc A Class discs and Golf Mk III calipers and pads.

I have a 1970/71 micro. It has disc brakes on the front. Has been parked since 83. I was just wondering if there were any factory busses that came with front discs and a 5 by 4.5 hub pattern?

crazzysuperbike said:
I have a 1970/71 micro. It has disc brakes on the front. Has been parked since 83. I was just wondering if there were any factory busses that came with front discs and a 5 by 4.5 hub pattern?

Metric on here, 4.5" PCD works out just over 114mm.
Buses up to 1970MY had drums and a 5x 205mm PCD, 1971MY on had front discs and 5x 112mm PCD. VW Model Year runs from August to July, so if your bus was built between August 1970 and July 1971 it should have front disc brakes.

Putley said:
Hi everyone,

Many thanks,

Adam

Hi. I have same Futbus kit. I've not had to change mine but believe they are a mark 3 golf disks and pads plus Merc a class disks with early bay front hub bearings. My advice would be to dismantle, order parts at your local motor factor and then takes yours along for comparison.

Would be interested to find out exactly what they are for myself.

Latest posts