disc brake conversion

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.futbus.com[/img]
BayConv.jpg
[/url]

Looks pretty good to me, although I'd like to see a bit more detail! The price is pretty good too, especially for the DIY kit - I've bookmarked it for when I have some more pennies!!

I say go for it, it looks like a great way to upgrade your brakes without going down the Porsche route...

;)

those are some phat discs and calipers :shock: i doubt youd have any problem stopped fully loaded on those :wink:

What price btw?

i have spoken to 247 engineering and they have said there is a possability of a discount if a quantity of kits where ordered depending on diy or not, anyone interested?

I would if I could but i'm in the bad books at the mo, for spending money :(

I've been on there site a while back there kit does look interesting pity the site doesnt have a little more info/pics.

Good luck and get the pics up after :D

Araon said:
...I've been on there site a while back there kit does look interesting pity the site doesnt have a little more info/pics...

I emailed them earlier and got a very quick reply - they use Audi A6 or Passat calipers, I'm definatelt going to save up some pennies and invest...

;)

Justin & Mutley said:
giraffeinbath said:
Is it possible to get them in a wide 5 pattern?

They're working on a kit for wide 5's at the moment apparently!!!

;)

I'd be up for going in on a bulk purchase thing with some of you guys on a wide 5 set if they provide that as an option and a bit of discount was available. :D

Does anyone know what discs they use, size, and what wheel size is needed to clear the set-up??

What about the proportionng front/rear valve thingy that disced-up busses have installed as OE in the factory ?

Would such a thing be included in the kit ?

Cheers

James

That does look godd - take it you can use normal 14 inch steel wheels :?:

288mm would be Audi A4 or Passat 1997 up probably. 46mm tall for use with ATE calipers. The only other 288mm discs I saw were 25 ish mm tall. Not badly priced either. Are those yellow calipers in the pic ATE? Any ideas on what rears fit a bay best?

Latest posts