don't you some times wish you'd left well alone !

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two benders steve

Reaction score
well I do ! Having been under my van I thought " that under seal looks a little flaky " , now I've got holes where I don't want holes ! Time to fire up the welder , don't you just love old Volkswagens !
DSCF3057.jpg

DSCF3056.jpg

I get some sort of satisfaction in poking around under the van & finding rust, digging it all out & making good again :lol:

looks like it will need a complete new inner lower panel, whats the outside look like behind the bumper

Type20072.jpg

just to cheer you up :D

I think there is old saying there somewhere! At least you found metal(ish), once while doing a bit of digging under an old Granada i found silicon, newspaper and expanding foam all held in place by a large piece of plastic self tappered to the floor pan. My how we laughed as i kept setting fire to the car as more of the stuff kept appearing. :D

Mr Sparky wig, now that I`ve actually seen your van in the flesh so to speak, I don`t think you got much rust, it`s just the newness wearing off. Nothing you couldn`t put right with a bit of Mr Sheen (weld the can over the hole).

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, rust officianado :lol: :roll: :lol:

ozziedog said:
Mr Sparky wig, now that I`ve actually seen your van in the flesh so to speak, I don`t think you got much rust, it`s just the newness wearing off. Nothing you couldn`t put right with a bit of Mr Sheen (weld the can over the hole).

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, rust officianado :lol: :roll: :lol:

:lol:

Marvel said:
Was flicking through a mates Landrover mag the other day and saw these guys
http://www.before-n-after.co.uk/

Anyone know what they're like. Just thought if they do old Landies, Vdubs should be no problem!!

that is a good thing as long as everything is sound underneath i have seen land rovers come out off there after they have "cleaned" the chassis it usually involves blowing holes in the chassis with there "cleaning process"

i took me belly pans off thinking i'll just have a bit to do :lol:

now van has hand made chassis new floor, new strengtheners and top hats, all out riggers the list goes on but at least now its rock solid undernether altho it came out the garage looking the same as before :lol:

Latest posts