Dormobile interior question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72_dormobile

Reaction score
I have a 1972 dormobile LHD and I have been looking through pics on this site and have seen some vans with extra cushions for the bed when it is set up. I only have the bed that goes up and slides over to meet up with the rear cushion. I saw one with a cushion that went on top of the ice box and a few other ones that covered the other side to make a way bigger bed, so im wondering if that came original or not. Or if im missing stuff. thanks

Didn't come as standard but a lot of people including myself made extra cushions, I made one for over the coolbox and made the rear one into one big one, and there you have a full width bed :D

Only snag is that you have to find somewhere for the spare wheel????

I am for sure going to do that, hahah i have a left hand drive so my spare tire well is already covered under the rear matress thats why my tire is on the front nose.

is there any mods to support the bottom of the bench when it is in bed form? or is ok just on the table?

thanks.

Trikky2 said:
Its fine just on the table - been using mine like that since 1973 ......

Been planning on doing this myself for a while now, but the table only support puts me off, I'm obviously a lot heavier than you lot or you are more laid back about it collapsing in the night :lol:

:lol:

Well if its the original table (it weighs about four times as much as you would expect a table to weigh) - and the alloy pegs and fitting rail are in good condition and well attached, then it will be fine - in my "hippie" days we slept four in the bed more than once :)

Latest posts