Dormobile interior question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72_dormobile

Reaction score
I have a 1972 dormobile LHD and I have been looking through pics on this site and have seen some vans with extra cushions for the bed when it is set up. I only have the bed that goes up and slides over to meet up with the rear cushion. I saw one with a cushion that went on top of the ice box and a few other ones that covered the other side to make a way bigger bed, so im wondering if that came original or not. Or if im missing stuff. thanks

Im pretty sure that the extra cushion was/is a popular aftermarket DIY addition to make the bed wider. I guess it would need some form of additional support under the hinged part of the seat though as it would fold itself up again if not sliding over to sit on cool box.

I have a rake of original Dormobile brochures and have never seen the extra cushion - having said that they are all for RHDs - dunno if LHD interiors were just a mirror image??

FS 8)

So is the table going to be enough strength to hold it up? what aditional support could i use, has anyone had any problems, what should i do, Iam having the seats re-done soon so im going to have the other cushions made up.
thanks!

72' - I think earlier Dormobile tables sometimes came with 4 legs which screwed on at each corner, for using table outside. I guess you could rig up the same or just 2 nearest sliding door for a bit of additional support.

FS 8)

Latest posts