Dormobile roof seal help please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montypsx

Reaction score
Hi all the rubber seal that goes round the two windows how wide is your 20mm or 30mm and how,old is it. As I've just bought some off dormobile and it don't look wide enough to me but I've binned the original so I've nowt to compare it with

Cheers all :mrgreen:

I'll go have a look, I ordered from dormobile a year ago and only fitted a couple of weeks ago.
First window took 4 hours! Second twenty minutes.
Size was good but a tricky job even with the insertion tool.

Just measured...25mm wide when fitted to roof with inset in place. Same size as original give and take 1 mm.
Will look smaller and rounder when fresh, will go wider when fitted.

Advice when fitting: clean surround completely first. 400 grade sand edge of fibreglass. Degrease.
Instructions from dormobile do work... Ie fit seal without glass really tight to edge then cut long (think 25mm too long but see dormobile website). Remember inset guides on top side. I used black silicone at join only... Yet to see if leaks though.
Then place glass on top, try short edge first then far long edge (put join that side i.e. Center of roof) lube with liquid soap regularly, it dries off so repeat application. Then opposite short edge, corners are a nightmare I used a pair of plastic tyre levers to help, keep running around lip.
Best to put same window in same hole same way around. I didn't that's why first I've took so long!
Two would help, I did on own but needed cushion inside in case glass fell through.
Make sure don't bend glass too much, only needs gentle pressure down.
When glass pops in then down your 90% there.
I used liquid soap on first inset but felt a bit easier on second without. Use tool shallowish but don't let dig down too far into groove. Start 180 deg from join on main seal.

Thinking about it Edge of my glass was a bit chipped so not sure if I should of smoothed a bit with wet and dry as snagged a bit when fitting main seal, not completely smooth just remove the sharp bits.

Shout if you need anything.
Si

My top tips on this one on http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=60288&p=503397 and this video helped too on the insert https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbqarorplYE

Latest posts