Dormobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71dormy

Reaction score
The Dormobile motor caravan D4/6
This is the more popular of the 2 releases by dormobile on the bay window.The D4/6 includes the rising roof and the typical cooker under the front seat.The design was based on a kombi so therefore more usually being in one colour. The roof canvas was available in red and white stripe and green and white stripe.It was also possible to get a lhd version of this van. Any other questions i will be happy to answer.

The D4/8 There are only a few of these remaining now.This still had the option of the rising roof and was released in 1970 as a more prctical van to use for families. This layout was more minibus related with two rows of seats a teble and very basic furniture.This was the first time the fridge was available also in the D4/6.

I may be able to add pictures if required of both of these conversions if you pm me.

I have a 4/8, and know of only one other in the UK, although I did see an interior for sale on ebay a while ago.

It is 'basic' if you expect a fridge, sink, cooker etc, but it's much better for general use. It has a flat, low-level bed which fills all the way forward from the engine so plenty of room for 6 footers like myself. Also very practical for hauling stuff and loads of people when the situation demands.

Latest posts