dropped spindles or beam adjusters?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

downsouth

Reaction score
Having the front of my 1971 westy lowered, as she looks like a horse rearing up at the moment. After advice, I am going for beam adjusters, but does it really matter? i dont want her in the weeds, just looking less like I am trying to wheelie all the time, so i have been told adjuster will do the trick. Mine seems to have the 5 close stud wheels. Any advice?

Hi Mate

The adjusters will do the job, but the ride will be harsh, the spindles will only lower your bus by 2.5" but u will get full suspension travel, but, should you want to go lower in the future (and i guarentee you will :lol: ) least with spindles already fitted the options and more importantly the ride will be lots better........For the record i run spindles and a Red9 kit

Just

spindles and adjusters for the win.

i have wagons west rear horse shoe plates / boomerang plates, and wagons west drop spindles up front, the ride is the same as standard, so you know its good.

Looks loads better but still looks like its ready for launch, so i'm going for adjusters aswell to give me that last inch of drop up front that i need for a good looking stance.

Yes I say a main course of dropped spindles but a side portion of adjusters. If you use a mild (Wagonwest) spindle you'll want a tad more drop, and if you supersize the spindle to, say, a T2D, then youll want an adjuster to dial in the height to suit your rim/tyre choice - even maybe going up to clear stock wheels/tyres?
When your doing all that work/aggro, the work/cost of adjusters is small. Dont spoil the ship for a ha'peth of tar.

Transporterhaus 3.5 dropped spindles, better ride than using adjusters but a combination of both can work well.

This is the front end of the new shop bus on dropped spindles only

L1030227.jpg

Latest posts