Dubs at the Castle woes...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoPower-NoResp

Reaction score
My OH has just been invited on a hen do the same weekend as Dubs at the Castle. I'm gutted! We were all supposed to be coming as a family but now it looks like it's all off. I'm not keen on taking our two girls on my own (they're fostered, and there could be child protection issues) which means either I go on my own and leave the family at home or I'll be looking to sell my weekend camping ticket!! :( :( :(

I had a similar issue last year whereas my cousin booked a last min wedding on the same weekend, I too was gutted at the time, but hey, leave the fam home and have a mad night on yer own :!:

Of course I'm joking, do the right thing mate, always next year

Just

No no no! You've got it all wrong.

You booked the tickets way before said Hen do right? It was ment for a nice family bonding weekend away. Just use the sort of emotional blackmail that women use on us men. Just say...' no that's fine if you want to got to a hen do rather than spending time with the family, it's no big deal. I'ts a shame that you didn't know about it before we planned this and bought the tickets. No, if you feel you owe more to your (friend/cousin whoever) than you do to us please feel free to go! (say all this with a smile otherwise you'll be accused of emotional blackmail....which it is but go for the plausible deniability approach).

Another little quote you should be aware of... ' Fools rush in where angels fear to tread!' So I cannot be held responsible if you take my advice and you end up with tickets for Dubs at the castle shoved in a place where the sun don't shine and no nooky for six months! ;)

Thanks (I think) mechanoid! I like the idea, but it does seem a bit risky! In this occasion I won't be giving her a hard time because I think she was looking forward to DITC as much as the rest of us. She was even going to meet up with an old uni mate (axlfoly's OH) Never mind though, I'm looking forward to Busfest!! :)

NoPower

Hmm, I'm thinking a day trip on Saturday is the answer. Better than nothing!

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts