Dutch '69 Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally found some time and energy to refurbish the interior our westy.
This is what it looked like. There was black paint on all furniture panels.
P1010005.JPG

I used "thinner" (is that the correct word for the aggressive chemical stuff that complete solves paint?) and a sandingsponge.
Enough patience was also very useful :)

P1030205%202.JPG

P1030206%202.JPG

P1030207%202.JPG

P1030208%202.JPG

P1030209%202.JPG

P1030210%202.JPG

The endresult which I'm very pleased with:
090502_interieur-klaar1.JPG

090502_interieur-klaar2.JPG

Next action: to put an icebox cabinet in!

Thx noddy! Haven't seen an earlybay westy with a bulkhead yet!
It's all factory original! (although I don't understand why one would order a camper without a walkthrough... :? )

bas_T2a said:
It's all factory original! (although I don't understand why one would order a camper without a walkthrough... :? )

The walkthrough costed more?

thx mate.

this "thinner" is really unhealthy stuff. suddenly can't remember what I was doin' in the office ;)

what is the correct name for this chemical stuff in which all plastics resolve????

surfbus said:
bas_T2a said:

The walkthrough costed more?

I don't think so, as a non-walkthrough was an option, I believe walkthroughs are standard on westy's?

looking nice bas, original and fresh looking.

so buses over there have 'all red' rear lights too then... thought it was just US ones.

The buses which were delivered to the Netherlands also had the orange/red rear lights!

However, my bus was delivered in Germany with US-specs, probably a US-army-guy bought it.
It stayed in Germany for two years and was then (1971) shipped to Washington state where it remained until it was shipped back to Europe (Netherlands) in 1999.

The bus has almost all the US-specs still on it, except for the exhaust gas recirculation device. That one was removed before we bought it...

Some pic's of the dutch bayfriendsclub:

Our spot (a little private :) ):
DSC_9079.JPG

DSC_9137.JPG

DSC_9139.JPG

DSC_9080.JPG

The icebox I've bought was put in the bus immediately!
DSC_9081.JPG

My little girl, ready for a good night sleep:
DSC_9094.JPG

Roof:
DSC_9095.JPG

Buses @ night
P1030249.JPG

DSC_9102.JPG

DSC_9111.JPG

DSC_9114.JPG

DSC_9119.JPG

DSC_9122.JPG