• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early Bay Dormobile Shelf, bay caliper a more at Stanford

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olly the Ozbus

Reaction score
Hi folks, having a little clear out to try and raise some dosh for my impending wedding:)

First up, shelf out of a '68 Dormobile (so the long one to go in an early bay), in reasonable nick with original Silent Gliss curtain track still attached. £25 and it's yours!

Annoyingly, I have a brand new original spec nearside (LH side) front brake caliper from JustKampers for a '72 onwards bay. I bought a pair but after fitting this one (and having to file it to clear the crown of the disc) I realised they had sent me two nearsides and I couldn't return this one. Has 2 bleed nipples and now fits like a dream:lol:Cost £90, how does £70 sound and I'll throw in a brake pad fitting kit...

Next up, a brand new stainless steel single mount aerial for a Bay. Still in packaging and never fitted as I couldn't face drilling my front panel! Cost £23 but will take £15

Also have a set of silver painted VW hubcaps to fit a late bay stud pattern. They are off a set of brand new Brazilian wheels I bought off Danbury but I already have some, £20 to tart up your rims :)

Moving on, I want to get shot of a pair of OG VW stamped hinge covers that I got off here but are now surplus to requirements. Would benefit from a bit of a tart up to remove the paint a previous owner has slapped on and there is a crack by one of the holes so £15 will take the pair :)

Also have a packaged GEMO throttle cable for a 1700/1800 bay, part number: 214 721 555M ACCELERATOR CABLE TYPE 2 '17/1800 ALL. £3

I'll be at Stanford Hall on Sunday, feel free to give me a tinkle on 07989 232942: you can cross my palm with silver on the day or paypal in advance if you're worried that I'll flog them to someone else in the mean time!

Also, collection from Cambridge is fine- come and have and have a a haggle over a cup of tea:D

Cheerio,

Olly

PS Pics to follow in a jiffy

Shelf:
PICT0059.jpg

PICT0060.jpg

PICT0061.jpg

PICT0062.jpg

PICT0063.jpg

PICT0064.jpg

PICT0065.jpg

Hi
Iwould be interested in the Dormobile shelf if you still have it?..........but i would need it posted to me as i live in London.
Dean

mattblackbus said:
If you still have the hinge covers how much with postage?
Thanks
Paul

Hello mate,

I still have the hinge covers so they are yours if you'd like them- I'll pop 'em on the scales at work tomorrow but I can't imagine it'll be much more than a couple of quid: how does £16 posted sound? :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Olly

Deano said:
Hi
Iwould be interested in the Dormobile shelf if you still have it?..........but i would need it posted to me as i live in London.
Dean

Hello there,

I still have the shelf if you're interested, and I forgot to mention that I still have the brackets too which I will coax out from hiding:D I'm actually going to be passing through London very briefly on the train on my way from Cambridge to Basildon to collect my bus, hopefully some time this week: whereabouts are you as we could meet up for a sneaky deal?!

I'll also be in London again at the end of May and would happily bring it with me on the train so long as I won't have to take it back again :lol:

Many thanks,

Olly

i am actually out towards Heathrow airport........i don't know if you go anywhere near.
To be honest i am only really after the white strap that holds the sink lid open..........would you be interested in selling me just that on it's own?
Dean

Hi mate,

Think I just come into Liverpool Street and out again so probably not much use to you. Seems a shame to break up the shelf to be honest-after 40 years together I reckon they'd be practically inseparable :mrgreen: Do you ever go past Cambridge on your travels?

Fair enough........do you go to any of the show?
Would you consider posting the shelf?
Dean

Ello folks, Aerial's gone I'm afraid (BJ1 you have a PM) and Deano, I'll have a look into posting it- it's prettyu big but if it can be done at a sensible price then I'm perfectly happy to do so.

Any more for any more? :mrgreen:

Latest posts