Early bay line up?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete nice

Reaction score
Just had a thought, there are loads of show going on next year, anyone fancy an early bay line up somewhere.

I doesn't matter which show, but idealy one of the larger ones. VW Action is at Santa pod this year for the 10th aniversary, I am sure Brian Burrows would approve of another attraction.

It gives us months to organise it & work out what space we can have & who wants to line up?

It could either be a free for all, or a line up in age order. It all depends on how organised we want to be.

We could have a flyer to down load with the web address on & we can fill in the details of our van & stick it in the window, It would take all of 10 minutes to do & could look great.

Any thought?

Action is the ideal chice i recon, try putting up a POLL thread and see who want what ie stanford, action,big bang etc

sure BB will be helpful

Agreed, it would be cool. Its the big year of the Bay this year, with it being its 40th birthday etc.

Action would be a good choice, the only downside I could predict is that its a week before Vanfest and many 'might' make a call between the two events? Bus owners especially.

That said, no one show will guarantee everyone showing up. And Ill be at both, Im sure!

Im sure that more than one line up is in order. I think the big one should be Vanfest. Make a memorable one for the mags! 8) :D

I think Action would be better, but there is no reason why we can't do 2, or just vanfest.
Space is a premium at vanfest, it gets so rammed that it's hard to move about in vehicle.
The pod has so much space, we could put a line up almost anywhere & not be in anyones way or having a risk of damage etc.
The logistics of the pod & size make it a much better venue.
We have loads of time to organise it if we want it, so all suggestions are welcome.
most people will want to camp with friends or clubs, so won't want to be stuck in one place, so need to think about that too.
Saying that if you have no mates, we could have an early bay camping area.
A step too far maybe though.

Why don't you just have a lineup at every show...

I know everybody won't go to every show but it means pretty much everyone will be involved with atleast one of the lineups... :idea:

We at Monkeyspinner have a lineup at every show we go to whether its in the show n shite or just where we camp... it doesn't have to be that 'organised' :wink:

There have been a couple of threads suggesting LineUps such as the Deluxes did at Vanfest last year and I for one say we should arrange as many as we can at as many events as we can!

Just for the record it seems the Events forum sees little action...

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=649

Anyone in the Kent/South London area going to cruise to Volksworld?

what monkeyspinner said!

we can do em all

if there's no formal club space, we should just meet up outside the venue and cruise in en mass

I'm speaking to stanford hall about a line up of deluxe bays there (no camping though so we might have to stay over @ big bang)

and I have a feeling earlybay is speaking to vanfest, though I know what you mean about action having more space, we did feel a bit cooped up last year inside the hall at vanfest

and repeating from another theard where we discussed this, I'll put on a film show at any shows i stay at, a bit like this...

vanfestfilmshow.jpg

I reckon little miss sunshine would go down a treat for starters

either way, I'm seriously looking forward to lining up alongside the rest of the earlybay crew, it''s well past time that earlybays got the recognition they deserve - even die hard splitty fans like rikki james and monkeyspinner are checking em out now :wink:

That's cos they are getting old & their back's can't take the abuse of a rough splitty!

Here in Aus there is a site called http://www.dsk.com.au and they are a loose association of splitty owners. They let me hang out with them outa pity I think. They have a Banner and it gets shunted around all over the country. It is a collage of all sorts of split buses thet are on the site and is about 3 metres long by 1metre tall.
There must be someone in the UK who can whip one up in a lowlight theme.
Then all you have to organise is who is going to the next show to pass it on to.

Here is one pic of it I will try and find a better one, but this will give you an idea of what I am on about
dskred_366.jpg

The may look down on you from thier splitty's but you have the last laugh as you cruz off in comfort ;)

Come over here for some warm beer, you will be welcomed... Just don't mention the cricket.

They are actually a the nicest bunch you would want to meet. Most of them don't give a hoot about what is driven. I have been in a few mobs here and these guys are the real deal. Pity they go to so much effort to make their splitties drive and handle like a bay. But they are young and will learn in time!
Can you see the pretty red nose poking through in the top pic? Guess who?
This was taken last March at an event that is only about 6 or 7 gear changes away from where "Neighbours" is filmed. The wide blue sky is a dead giveaway.
And I am over talking about the cricket. A pictture is worth a thousand words (or should that be runs)
AshesRicky.jpg

baron said:
I'm speaking to stanford hall about a line up of deluxe bays there (no camping though so we might have to stay over @ big bang)

It'll be a weeks camp out ;) they are on different weekend this year! :)

Is it just me or is cricket rubbish? :lol: :lol:

Latest posts