early / late front beam differences

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorsetchris

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have a 70' Dormobile which has previously been fitted with a 71'-79' front beam (with discs) but it makes the front of the bus sit a little high ....does anyone know the differences between the different beams or able to suggest a way of levelling the bus off ?

I assume it is okay to run with the later beam fitted ? :?

Many Thanks :D

There's no difference in ride height between the two types of beam assuming that both are unmodified and in decent condition. Yours may have had adjusters fitted to it possibly? It seems more likely that the rear has sagged or been adjusted.

As mentioned above, the rear does tend to sag over time.

Cheapest thing to do is adjust the rear to match the front, all you will need is some patience and skinned knuckles and some rear rubber donuts.

Good Luck,

Cheers

Alex

Many Thanks Guys, I was toying with lowering it and have been doing some research....am I right in thinking this is generally done with dropped spindles (eg Transporterhaus etc) on the front, adjustable springplates on the rear and new shocks all round, with low profile tyres ?

Many Thanks ... Chris

That really depends on how low you want to go, if your intention is just to level it out- would 2 1/2" sort? If so you could just go for dropped spindles and keep the suspension travel that you had as standard. If you want to raise the rear up to match it'd be new donuts as said, About £50 for those, a cup of tea, some underseal, Maybe spring plate covers if yours are rotten... You know.

Latest posts