Ebay dose it again

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clyde

Reaction score
Was bidding on a car last week and didnt win, fair play i say ill keep my eye out for another one. Well blow me down the same car came back up for sale again a few days after the auction ended.
Is it just me or is relisting something like this and changing the description to sound like youve had it for ages (only selling as he needs the room?) against ebay rules.

Ive mailed him and asked him what changes other than some new photos hes done to the car to justify the extra grand he was asking (hes now lowered the start price and reserve) and also asked him if he didnt want the car in the first place why he didnt let one of the other 33 bidders win it................hes now told me he will call the police if i contact him again :roll:

Feel free to ask this K**B head as many stupid questions as you see fit.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170465815731&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had something similar happen to me a few weeks ago.
Was watching a VW Caddy van, had a bid and got outbid at the last minute, fair enough, 2 days later its back on ebay (re-listed due to time waster (in only 2 days?)) asked him why the other bidder had pulled out and why he didn't offer it to the next highest bidder. Got some snotty reply about it being none of my business (fair enough i suppose) but then it gets removed from ebay only to once aging re-appear a few days later with yet another price.

Why put starting bids from £2,899.00 and buy it now £2,950.00.

Does he think some tw** will bid it over the buy it now. :?

I thought so aswell. He paid £2.5 and then listed it with nearly a grand profit. Hes since dropped his price and still got no bidders :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope this is down to my mails.

I can only hope it dosent sell and he ends up selling it for a loss.

If you are still after one of these Clyde i think the Bus Barn have one for sale ??

This was my second question to the seller.

"If you need the room as stated in your add, why did you not let one of the other many bidders buy the car when it was listed last week. I think ebay call this spinning and it gets your item deleted. I will check with ebay for you if you wish."

This was his reply

"get off my case, I dont want you contacting me again, I think the police call this harrassing and could get you in serious trouble. do not consider contacting me again!!! If you were so desperate for the car yourself you should have bid for it last week!!!sore loser."

I think i rattled his cage............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have never understood this with e-bay, ad says 'no reserve' but has a 'start price' of £2899. Am I stupid or does that not mean that it will not sell for less than £2899? Is that not the same as having a reserve price of £2899?
Jon,you are a smart bloke, you surely can see from the wording of the ad the vendor is a trader/player. I have sold 3 cars on e-bay, first 'bought wrong, payed too much, want to get out now taking a hit', second, 'my late uncles car being sold as part of his estate', third, 'my car for last 6 years, receipts etc etc'.
His wording, 'drives well', is as classic a trader phrase as it gets!!!!
It looks to me the guy is a part time trader, if he really has got your goat, find out his I.D. and call Revenue and Customs.
Don't know the rules now but when I worked in garages, I could buy and sell up to 8 vehicles a year without having to declare it as a business.
Go get 'im boy!!!!!
Very nice car though, see why you wanted it.

I know what you mean about him being a trader Pete, im just abit pissed as i was happy to buy it of the original seller (maybe i didnt bid enough).
Im going to add him to my favourite sellers list and check his history abit ;) . Im sure ebay arent interested so wont go that route.

Its a pity as it looks a nice motor and ive been looking for something abit diffferent for a while now. Something classic but not to obvious if you get my meaning, so no MGs, Triumphs, Fords or crazy exotic stuff. The Audi fitted the bill and would have looked cool slammed.

Hes only sold 2 things on ebay (both cars) and ive found the other place hes listed the Audi and hes asking £3750 :roll: :roll:
Will now start asking stupid questions via that site...............

A bit of rooting around and here it is

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C146134/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

he wants £3750 for it.

There is a nice Audi 80 for sale in Croatia

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C146116/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry just noticed you got there before me. Lets all join in with the questions.

The £325 Audi 100s looks nice :shock:

a friend of mine put a gp1 buggy on there last week.winning bidder was 3100.he decided he dident want it within 1 day of winning he offerd it to the 2 bidders below and they also no longer wanted it :shock: :shock: well why fecking bid then.now he will have to relist and be inundated by people thinking something is dodgey.

ebay=80% tits and 20% everyday people.i seem to just bump in to the tits :mrgreen:

I'll bombard somne questions m8 :lol: :lol: :lol: got not a lot to do with this fooking weather :D :D

Sound like a complete arse to me :?

marcher said:
Q sent...

what colour is the Audi please?? what is the buy it now price

Marcher

great minds and all that, I sent the same question about the colour......this guys gonna have a breakdown!

Latest posts