Electronic Ignition...again

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldrick

Reaction score
Hi all

I know there are a number of electronic ignition threads...so sorry to add to them.

Just wanted to know if getting the Pertronix ignitor 2 is worth paying the extra for?

Coolair have their annual sale next week so with 10% off now might be the time to buy.

Thanks

I've got one, always have had pertronix in my vehicles, wouldnt know how to adjust points :oops: - I have points as a spare and a bentley but so far hasn't come to that - I have however fried a pertronix by wiring wrong way round on coil, expensive lesson learnt ;)

Ignore above - assume you want to know if 2 is better over 1 (should have read your question properly!) - not sure what the difference is....?

I wouldn't waste my money on anything Pertronix, a few years back they were the only one, now you have Accuspark, Power Spark, & a few others who offer the samething for a fraction of the cost. :mrgreen:

lard said:
I've got one, always have had pertronix in my vehicles, wouldnt know how to adjust points :oops: - I have points as a spare and a bentley but so far hasn't come to that - I have however fried a pertronix by wiring wrong way round on coil, expensive lesson learnt ;)

Ignore above - assume you want to know if 2 is better over 1 (should have read your question properly!) - not sure what the difference is....?

From memory I don't think you can accidently fry the Pertronix2. I did fry a Pertronix1 once, I now use a 123 dissy which I love :mrgreen:

If it's any help, I've run one of these for the last year and it's been great

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Camper-new-AccuSpark-Electronic-ignition-conversion-Bosch-Distributor-/390368655464?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5ae3c8f868" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shag the Pertronix. They just do the best advertising. Comp-U-Fire USA. They can be damaged by wiring incorrectly. I have put on tens of thousands of miles on mine and I just carry a spare set up. They are still a bargain. And setting points in a bus is overrated.

i have been running a type 25 dizzy and elec ignition module on my bus now for 5 years no problems at all
and i only payed £30 for the hole lot :D

Latest posts