Empi bus shifter question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubberdaz

Reaction score
I have an Empi bus shifter, not fitted it yet as i lent it out and my standard stick was working great. But now i've had probs with OG stick i wanna fit the Empi one..... only problem is....

I have miss-placed one of the spacers that fits between van and shifter :?

Can anyone tell me the size of the thinner spacer (Thicker one for Split and Early bay, thinner one for 71 onwards) please!!!

cheers, Daz

I think GSF sell them, so it may be worth calling them and they could measure it.

I could measure my CSP one if that would help.

Hi,

I just rummaged around under our bed and discovered that I've only actually got what looks like the thinner spacer with my Empi bus shifter.

In terms of height (i.e. how much the spacer would raise the shifter) the spacer I have is 10mm high.

I can take a picture of it if you like - or get some other measurements? Let me know...

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers Jon but i think Mike has sorted me out here!

Mike, i will have to measure mine tomorrow to see if 10mm is smaller than what i have. :D

Well thanks for your help :D

I cut the thicker spacer down to 10mm, fitted it all up on the bus and woopar!! I thought the OG stick was good but the Empi one works great :p

Cheers guys :D

Don't suppose you could let me know approximately how big the larger spacer was - the one fitted on my 68 looks roughly 10mm which may explain why the handbrake handle gets in the way when putting it in first.

Cheers.

Latest posts