• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Engine lid lock -the locking type (Genuine VW)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattp

Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD :mrgreen:

[*]***edit***Thanks to VW ed's post below the lock is 211 827 503 D = up to end July '71 and is on an R code = August '70 on.***edit***

Can post if you need to at whatever Royal mail charge

Part numbers:
211 827 503 D = up to end July '71.
211 827 503 L = August '71 on.
Key codes:
L = up to end July '70.
R = August '70 on.

Has the earlier type lock got just one screw hole to affix it? If so i would be interested.

....sent using that Taptalk app, so excuse the typo's...bloody phone!

I've updated details as VWed's kind post above.

Note I can also re-key to your lockset for another £5 if you provide a key off your bus and give me a couple of days to sort it

Just to further enlighten, or confuse, that wouldn't fit my 68 - the whole key is a mirror image.
I've ended up with one like you picture and have to have a seperate key. :(

Foz said:
Has the earlier type lock got just one screw hole to affix it? If so i would be interested.

I presume from the lack of response to my question, your not interested in a sale?

Sorry chaps, been away the last few days

1 hole screw fixing

Zedbed, the reason you cannot re-key is that you have L and R code which don't work together. You could either find an early engine lid lock or later barrels for the other doors; or live with 2 keys.

Foz, if you want it let me know

Latest posts