Engine not firing

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howie58 said:
Anyone got anymore suggestions for my problem. Should I take the carb out and clean it?

With the best will in the world, a carb don’t usually just pack up and die, and definitely not from changing a fan belt. This is gonna be something simple I’m thinking. When you say you have no compression, I’m hoping you’re wrong because no compression means a motor is toast usually, and I don’t want to think that. If you drove it for miles and miles with no fan belt and seized the motor and this and that etc etc , but this don’t sound that way. If you limit your investigation to where you was working that’ll be most likely where the issue is. The more you mess with other stuff, the more complicated it gets.
So,,, it was running and you changed a fan belt, what happened to make you change your fan belt.? Let’s go back to the beginning.
Where are you anyway ? If you’re close to Brizzzzallll, I might be able to pop by, I’m no genius or anything but I could look at and give it my bestest stern stare,

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,that does sometimes work :mrgreen:

Ok. Finally worked it out. The valve clearances were completely out. I re-set them all tuned the carb and bingo. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Latest posts