• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Engine SP 1600 - good order

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james_stan

Reaction score
Solid 1600 SP for sale . It is a gold seal rebuild (possibly REMTEC or Volkspares) with about 10K miles on it. It needs a flywheel (so re-shimming) a dizzy and a dynamo apart from that it's pretty much turnkey. No end float when the flywheel was fitted. and a solid perfomer
until I replaced it with my 1776 TP. I have kept it for 'insurance' but I think it needs to find a home now. £300

Cheers

James

Comes with exhaust but no heat exchangersvvvvvv WYSIWYG vvvvv

511320.jpg

511319.jpg

511318.jpg

511317.jpg

Ta 'nana.

Let's call £300 a 'guide price'. It has got a gota carb 'n' stuff on it :winking0060:

Cheers

Jame

warning thread hi jack...... :anim_53:

any potential purchasers i have 2x rear tins to go over the gearbox available for the SP engine.

and a gearbox ......

free bump :pimp1:

dbug said:
any potential purchasers i have 2x rear tins to go over the gearbox available for the SP engine.

Err so do I - not shown but free with this engine.. and an oil bath filter if needed.

Am I too dear or is the credit crunch biting that hard already ? Let me know.

Cheers

james

Personally I wouldn't pay £300 for a second hand engine but thats just me, I'm tight.But someone out there will.Stick it up on ebay and it should make at least £250.

Thanks for the comments guys. I would understand if it was a basket
case but this is barely run-in.. ;) Like you say e-bay will find its value.
Happy to listen to near offers in the meantime.

Cheers

james

I suspect that the fact it has no flywheel on it affect selling it. If you were to fit a flywheel and find and missing parts it would be so much easier to sell a good honest engine.

Ebay is probably your best bet but a flywheel and correct shimming would still be a good idea.

As a further comment I have a recon in my bus with a few more miles on it but the original reciept and MOT's etc to back up the milage. It will be turnkey (well, possibly without exhaust), has a new carb but don't think the engine will make that much more -and it would be running driving in my bus before selling.

Good luck.

Hi James, is the engine still for sale or did ya e bay it?

Cheers

Chill 8)

Latest posts