exhaust help - i'm confused

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhjackson

Reaction score
Hi, I need to buy exhaust and 4-1 header tomorrow for my 1600 tp but I'm confused.

The existing header looks different to what you can buy, i.e. my heat exchanger and current header seem to each have a flange which bolts up. The new ones look like a straight through connector.

IMAGE_734.jpg

header1.jpg

Any ideas?

:?:

Beats me! If that pic is of your heat exchanger i have never seen one like that.
Has the flange been welded on or does it slip on? It looks like maybe the original pipe is inside as the pipe on the right is flared.

Yes, that's the heat exchanger that someone has kindly welded to a flange and limited my options. Have decided to get new heat exchangers otherwise I'll be modifying headers for years to come :cry:

just remember the new ones are in no way a match for the OGs' less and smaller displacement fins.....may be as well to reinstate the original exchangers to how they should be if there any good....

The picture is poor but are you sure you have a 1600? Could you have a US import of a 1700 Type 4 engine which would have had that sort of set up.

Latest posts