Extending fridge flue

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyman

Reaction score
Evening all.I know I havee read about this somewhere but cant find it.I need to extend the length of my fridge flue but cant find anyone who sells the corrugated metal ducting I need (28-30mm metal)does anyone here know where i can get some.Only need about 12 inches or so.
Ta for any help

Had the same problem myself and after trying literally all the plumbers merchants managed to get a length of corrugated copper flexi pipe from B&Q. I think they do 2 diameters, I bought 22mm which fitted perfectly.

or try your local daf dealer and ask them for a length of night heater exhaust pipe cost me £10 and sealed it with some exhaust paste.

Hi all.Gerrard tried the copper pipe but I need to bend it quite tightly and the pipe collapsed.Will try the exhaust idea....now where is the telephone directory??

More questions.Would the exhaust pipe from an eberspacher take the heat from the fridge exhaust.Getting quite desperate as wife is starting to chomp on at me

daisyman said:
More questions.Would the exhaust pipe from an eberspacher take the heat from the fridge exhaust.Getting quite desperate as wife is starting to chomp on at me

should do as it is not being 'flamed' on directly it just a heat flu. a eber gets a lot hotter than a single burner at the bottom of a fridge.

Daisyman

If you know a plumber ask to borrow his "spring" which you can insert into (another) length of pipe and bend without it crushing. Alternatively they are fairly cheap to buy

Hi Gerrard.Thats what I have done eventually.Problem was that the bends were quite sharp but got there in the end.Thanks for all your help.

Latest posts