Failed MOT on emissions, Can anybody understand the results?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 14594

Reaction score
The Mrs Peugeot 306 (Rat) has failed it's MOT on a major leak of the exhaust and the emissions on the fast idle test.

The results are:

Fast idle test - Lamba
Limits - 0.97 - 1.03
Actual - 1.20 Fail

Second fast idle test - Lamba
Limits - 0.97 - 1.03
Actual - 00.0 Fail

The exhaust has a big split before the rear silencer and the garage said fixing the exhaust would probably cure the emissions.

Has anybody got a clue if this is likley or what the emissions result could mean?

Thanks Ben.

Curing the exhaust leak will more than likely cure the Lambda reading.Any exhaust leak on an exhaust system will normally show up on a 4 gas analyser.If the HC and c/o readings are fine then sort the exhaust and you should be good to go
Gary
p.s the 2nd reading of 0.00 looks like the pipe fell out of the exhaust :D

1970Deluxe said:
Hey...hows you mate? what stage you at with the bus? Did you sort your engine?
Evning.
Sort of :mrgreen:
Got a thread in general called why i hate 1641's (or something allong those lines).
But should be running again in the next couple of weeks.
Promiced the missus we could use it for the family holiday in june and itl be going to Bigbang even if i have to push it :mrgreen:
Hows yours getting on?
Got any other projects on the go at the mo?

Rich

Mine is all good in the hood ta.1641 is in and just the twin carbs to go on now.Interior is pretty much done so just finishing off stereo and stuff now.
Will have to pop over and see you at some point so i can take a pic of both buses together.
Will have a look at your thread!
Gary

Latest posts