first time of in 16 months

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strongy

Reaction score
i go on fri and its a gud en,oz for a month wahoooooooo,couldent hold it in,any one been ?im just doing the south,what do i do and what dont i do?

Never been myself mate but whatever you do take care and have a BLOODY good time son , 8) 8) Safe trip :wink:

il make sure of that ,thanxs,might even come across a scrappy or 2,happy missus permiting

strongy said:
i go on fri and its a gud en,oz for a month wahoooooooo,couldent hold it in,any one been ?im just doing the south,what do i do and what dont i do?

Get a flight up to Queensland - it will be cold and wet down South. Melbourne is the same latitude as Manchester and has the same weather.

As I sit here looking out the window onto another Melbourne day, it is Springtime here and the weather is fine and 22C today, for those concerned with damp weather Melbourne is in the grips of a drought that hasn't let up for about 6 years at the moment.
It also rains in Queensland you know, and when it does it rains very hard.

If you want to do some VW things while you are here have a look at these sites inthe events sections.

http://www.dsk.com.au
http://www.aussieveedubbers.com
and of course the Australian lowlight forum
http://www.lowlight.com.au

Enjoy your stay dude.
David

Have a bloody good time mate,Melbourne is a good city, take a few days & drive the great ocean road, but don't rush it. Only don't do, don't underestimate the mileage between places.

You'll love the place mate. :lol:

OK, so I overdid it, but the 6-year drought started well after I was there. I got off an overnight bus, and it was cold, wet and horrible. I put on all the clothes I had taken and was still cold and wet. Sort of puts you off a place.

Been back to Oz several times and always enjoyed it. Get stuck into the meat and seafood - it's a real treat. Distances are huge - my brother-in-law (who is Australian) famously drove 2 days to get to a party and 2 days back. I had to do Cairns to Alice overland due to a pilot's strike, and that was 2.5 days solid on a bus - it was fantastic, but a long way ! People seem to stick to the speed limit as well - don't assume average speeds you might over here.

You won't go wrong starting your trip in Melbourne. There is more here than meets the eye, and it is where all the Australian assembled Volkswgans were put together!

spent a lot of time in Oz .. even emigrated once ! lived in Melbourne, very nice city, spent most time in Brizzy (Brisbane) which often gets overlooked by the backpacker crowd but great place to spend time ..most of Queensland coast up from there is nice (but hot !) ... you should have a great time ...

were starting with 4 star acomadation in sydney for 3 nights,then picking the camper up and driving across towards adalaide,not to fussed about the weather anything above 20 is a bonus, we picked this time of year as we dident want it scorchio.so 20 days with the camper then a night or to in adalaide before we fly back.looking like after the detours it will be 2000miles ish trip :D

If you have 20 days you can do heaps.
I fyou want spectacular scenery I would travel around the coast from Sydney to Melbourne, then onto Adelaide. That is only 2 days full time driving ( about 1500km) so if you broke into sections you will be fine. It will leave you plenty of time to head north from Adelaide up toward Broken Hill and then you are in the genuine outback (it is where they made one of the Mad Max films) From Broken Hill you could go east or west and see some uniquely Australian country. All of this is accessable in a 2wd van, and you are right at the good time of year, out there it will be warm but not in the 40+ range that it gets to in Dec-Feb.
If you want a good website to dosome navigating by try this one

http://www.whereis.com

Just type in your start point and destination and it will do all the navigating for you.

Enjoy your stay and drive safely.
David

EarlyBay said:
spent a lot of time in Oz .. even emigrated once ! lived in Melbourne, very nice city, spent most time in Brizzy (Brisbane) which often gets overlooked by the backpacker crowd but great place to spend time ..most of Queensland coast up from there is nice (but hot !) ... you should have a great time ...

Where in Melbourne? We might have been neighbours.
I didn't realise my taste in music made people UNemigrate!

Went to Oz 6 years ago - bloody great place with bloody great peeps 8)
Sydney is ace and if I could, I would move there, but to old now and the
missus won't :(

Have a great time and don't forget to post up piccies of your adventures :D

thanxs for the advice bud,il try that link.theere will be loads of pics so dont worry there,last day at work tomoro and being boss i think il finish at 11 :D and let my partner(buissness)take it from there.

I tell yer the get still hasnt finished the roof line man its not gonna be on the road for the meet at Northants looks like were in the peugeot and tent again this year...

And I've gone and ordered a roof rack expecting it to go straight on ready.... still at least it should be on the drive getting ready for next years shows...

Why do people in the motoring industry find it f#####g necessary to b#####d lie so f#####g much.... :x

lobus!ive registerd on the lowlight forum and havent recieved an email to activate,ive tryed twice now with no luck

I'll try and sort it for you . Are you "Strongy" there as well?

Send an email to "PMG Ute" He's the dude in charge of that stuff.
I'll get in touch with him too and we wil have you sorted quick smart.
David

Latest posts