Fitting door seals advice video help...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony73tt

Reaction score
Hi all
New to this fitting door seals on my 68 bay. I have Schofield seals and can't seem to find any help videos. Wondered if some has a link to any, or can offer advice please. Thanks Tony.

Hi Tony
The seals are easy to fit, first start at the top corner then work your way around the door they fit in the groove that runs around most of the door, push them in but dont use anything sharp you dont want to damage the seal or scratch your paint, the front part of the door does not have a grove so i glued them using contact adhesive (make sure you take the check strap pin out before you start) just a word of warning have you bought top quality seals because the cheaper ones dont fit very well, if you have not send them back and exchange them for "oe quality" seals they are more expensive but well worth it, then try closing the door if it wont close properly you may have to adjust the door itself, they do take time to bed in
Hope this helps
Vinvan

don't panic if the door wont shut perfectly tight initially. The rubber will soften eventually.

Great stuff. I did buy Schofield ones at £45 each. Now wondering if there are better ones. Only bought Schofield ones as he's my neighbour.

Great advice though and thanks for that.

They sound like the cheaper ones, bought mine from C&C £55 each (Stock Code: S01230 / OEM Part Number: 211831721D) the ones you have may be ok you will just have to fit them and see, but then you wont be able to send them back, at first i fitted the cheaper ones "not a good fit" the OEM seals are made from softer rubber and once bedded in they fit perfect

Better ones (vewib) are normally more of a grey/black colour. They are the aerated rubber type, not the crappy shiny black ones.

Contact/Impact adhesive works great on the bits where the grooves don't hold them.

Latest posts