• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale - 1971 Bay Window Camper

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's a South African van from the reflectors above the indicators so is the grill some sort of extra fan for cooling the engine ??????

it`s a radiator grill. It was common in south africa to fit a 3.5 chev or a toyota diesel or something. I know the guy and the bus and would have bought the bus myself if i didn`t already have far more than i can handle right now. The repair to the front isn`t a doddle but can be done by a competent welder in two days. From experience the "protrusion" is the worst bit, you`ll need a cut from a scrapped van. The cut is off the mushroom stem, and you`ll need to plate over the grill. Other than that this bus is solid and in my opinion worth the money and more importantly the guy is trustworthy in business.

Thanks Dude,

I might even sell you those Sprint stars,

With regards to this bay, make an offer guys, it might be your lucky day,

Does nobody want my camper????

I get seriously depressed when I am surrounded by this many VW's

Please buy my camper, -- Make me an offer

That looks a real good buy.RHD as well 8) Whats the engine in there at the moment ? (I can't buy it though I've got too much to do and not enough cash/space anyway)

Hellllloooooooooooooooooooo,

Buy my camper.....

Scott, If you don't buy it, this will be the one that gets melted!!!

Hi beetlecrusher,

Can you please tell me if the van is in the UK???
What other work will be needed to the van???
What is not working on the van???

regards

marcher :)

scott wilson said:
more importantly the guy is trustworthy in business.

Not to show you any disrespect, Scott, but there are any number of South Africans, including myself, who have personal experience of this guy's business ethics. He is anything but trustworthy.

Ask about him here: http://www.aircooledvwsa.co.za/

I won't say anything more about him, and I will not respond to anything he says in his defence.

Anyone who wants more info is free to PM me.

fig,
in my experience i have had no problems whatsoever with Beetlecrusher and have had over ten dealings with him.I am aware of the animosity between the vwsa aircooled community and beetlecrusher due to his exporter status and perhaps his attitude towards said community itself, but like i said i have had no such issues in business with this man. No offence intended to the vwsa community or Fig himself, it`s just my opinion.
Scott

i know for a fact it`s still in sa, but if anyone on this site wants the bus and doesn`t feel comfortable dealing with south africa i will arrange the import and paperwork for a %5 fee and i am in the uk and have had a lot of dealings with this fella.
It`s rust free, but needs a resto ie paint, interior. Would be the perfect bus for someone who wants to rent out or even just for their own pleasure

Latest posts