• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: 1972 Crossover Dormobile

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yakyakfire

Reaction score
Hi, Have come to the sad conclusion that it is time to sell Jerry the Dormobile.
He is a Crossover model with the low front lights and big tail lights.
Inside
His insides are not original but are very practical with loads of cupboard space and a really comfy 3/4 width bed. There are also two bunks in the roof, although these could do with recovering.
It has a fridge and cooker, but we never got around to connecting these, so i can't guaruntee that they will work when you do. likewise, it has a sink but no tap or entrails.
Because he is a dormobile he is really light and airy inside and the cupboard configuration helps this as all the windows are clear. He is a pleasure to drive around in, with all that light you can't help smiling.
The pop top has one or two small tears but we have never found them a problem. He was used alll last year with no leaks. I did put some black tape on them ready for this season just as a precaution though.
And the big must...... he has a stereo that works and can be switched on/off from the bed!
Outside
He has just failed his MOT on welding as so many do. He needs welding to all of the wheel arches and the sliding door sill. pm me for more details.
Most of the panels need some attention here or there, but there is nothing really desperate and with the welding done, he would be a great work in progress, use him drive him and do a bit as and when.
He had a New Sliding door last year, which needs painting but is rust free.
Engine
(touching Wood) he has never broken down on us. He stood still all this winter and when we took the cover off his battery was flat, so we treated him to a new one and he started first time ( with the radio on.....explains the flat.)
He could probably do with a service but he runs beautifully and the guys at the garage reckon he has the best gearbox they have come accross.
Overall
We are looking for £3600 for him, For that price we will throw in the Just Kampers Cover and a brand new hook up lead. He will never be a show bus but he will turn heads and bring a whole lot of joy.
He is based in Cornwall near Newquay.
Please call for further info. 01872 264364 /07981946450 or e-mail me [email protected]
up to date Photo's to follow. ((I will be away from 12th-16th, but he can still be viewed by arrangement)

Ap.jpg

Ao.jpg

Al.jpg

Am.jpg

Ag.jpg

Ae.jpg

Af.jpg

Photo-ab.jpg

Az.jpg

Ay.jpg

Ax.jpg

Aww.jpg

Passenger Door
Aw.jpg

Aut.jpg

Au.jpg

At.jpg

Drivers Arch, This looks lighter in the pics, but that is just the photo, the paint is the same all over.
As.jpg

Drivers Door
Ar.jpg

Aq.jpg

An.jpg

Ak.jpg

Ai.jpg

Ah.jpg

Aj.jpg

This is an example of the welding that needs doing, this is the bit under passenger seat and hole is about an inch big.
Ad.jpg

Ac.jpg

This is damage that was done in a car park by a hit and runners GRRRR
Ab.jpg

Just thought I would drop a note to say thankyou for all the interest, Jerry is still available and I have put some more pics here
http://s914.photobucket.com/albums/ac347/yakyakfire/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We have had a number of questions about whether we can put him through his MOT, the answer is Yes we can but it will add £1000 to the asking price. If you can weld yourself or know a cheap welder then it is obviously better to have him without the MOT. But we are happy to sort it if that is required. With an MOT he will be a great running project that can be used all the time he is being done up.

Cheers.

Just an update to say that if the van is not sold by 1st Aug we will be putting the MOT on it. So, make me an offer and collect it before 31st July for a bargain.
All reasonable offers considered.
Cheers

Latest posts