Reprowesty seatbelt bracket

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RednWhite

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for feedback on Reprowesty's three point seatbelt bracket fitted to a US spec (LHD) Westy with wardrobe.

Does it need fixing points welded to the floor or is drilling for bolt points sufficient?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I assume your referring to this?
https://reprowesty.com/product/vw-t2a-montagesteun-3-punts-gordel/

I had been looking into this also but from what I have been told they will not ship to the UK.

With regards to mounting it doesn't specify mounting method. Being as the mounting surface is profiled putting a secondary plate above the fuel tank and bolting though would require spacers to prevent the profile from crushing when tightened. Plus its a ball ache to drop get to the tank area. I suspect that it is mounted using rivnuts, but cannot confirm.

Let me know if you manage to convince them to ship to the UK as I also want one.

Hi, I’m considering these mounts as a solution for rear 3 point belts as well, especially the side next to my westy wardrobe, I know that the other extenders that places like hertitage sell can be made to fit the window side, but these look a neat solution and the reel looks above the cushions.

Has anyone managed to order them from reprowesty??

Hi,

I assume your referring to this?
https://reprowesty.com/product/vw-t2a-montagesteun-3-punts-gordel/

I had been looking into this also but from what I have been told they will not ship to the UK.

With regards to mounting it doesn't specify mounting method. Being as the mounting surface is profiled putting a secondary plate above the fuel tank and bolting though would require spacers to prevent the profile from crushing when tightened. Plus its a ball ache to drop get to the tank area. I suspect that it is mounted using rivnuts, but cannot confirm.

Let me know if you manage to convince them to ship to the UK as I also want one.

From that picture posted on the website, it's not clear how & where the brackets are mounted (especially near the top shoulder mount), and how robust it would be in a collision!?!

If a spreader plate was made to be at least as big as the base and bolted underneath I’d be fairly happy the bolts wouldn’t pull through, not sure about how much the panel would deform in a crash situation, although from memory there are ribs welded underneath front to back which in theory should reinforce the panel.
The issue I’ve found is that there always seems to be a compromise with going for 3 point belts in our vans, even the factory point under the window isn’t that big a reinforcement plate in a fairly flimsy area. The extenders that heritage sell are designed for late bays from what I’ve read, so requires something welding into the side panel as you cant access the rear of that area.
I could go with just lap belts in the factory points low down but in a crash situation they aren’t ideal either.
These seem the best solution I’ve seen so far…

Latest posts