• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE: 1972 Early bay Devon Camper Van 12mths MOT

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redstar5

Reaction score
For sale is my 72 Early Bay crossover which I have had for 13 years.
I have a new addition so this needs to go to make room.
It was originally a Devon conversion and has the Devon roof but the interior has been replaced.
It had a restoration carried out in 2008 which included replacing the bottom 18” all round and any other places that needed it, new doors and a re-spray. New engine, new interior new seals and new brakes all round including discs on the front.
It has just passed its MOT so has 12 months and of course its tax exempt being registered in December 72.
Since restoration it has been garaged and only used between May and September so it has never seen any road salt or really wet conditions. It has been used for local weekends away and the odd festival, on average it has done 1500 miles each summer.
The spec is as follows:
Interior
Good clean condition throughout.
Devon Pop Top which is in excellent condition. The 2 bunks beds are also in good working order with new canvases in 2009 and will sleep 2 younger children .

Campershack Interior with integral sink and cooker.
There is lots of storage space and the gas bottle is hidden away.
Bluebird ¾ rock and roll bed which when used along with the bed extension (see photos) creates a bed the full length of the van. 2 adults and 2 children can fit fairly comfortably, then there’s the bunks.
Two 3 point seatbelts in the rear.
CD Radio with large speakers in the rear and smaller ones under the dash.

The engine is 3 years old and has done approx 5000 miles since being fitted.
It is 1600cc and as standard with the oil filled air filter.
I recently replaced the bocar carb with a reconditioned Solex as the spindle was worn.
The exhaust and the battery are also 3 years old.
It will sit at 60mph all day, 70 is no problem but I tend to try and go steady the theory being ‘look after the engine and it will look after you’.
Overall it is a very practical, good usable van which is in clean reliable condition inside and out.
The underside has been undersealed and has no issues.

Also Included
Dorema’ Highlander’ quality awning which is also in excellent clean condition.
Campershack table( I have the floor fitting for this although I have never had the nerve to cut the hole in the floor.
Front cab wrap around cover (this does away with the need for curtains in the cab area)
Price £11,500 ono, located in County Durham Postcode DL16
Please contact aa68atbtinternet.com or ring 07791002598

DSC_0011-5.jpg

DSC_0012-4.jpg

DSC_0033-2.jpg

DSC_0014-4.jpg

DSC_0017-4.jpg

DSC_0032-3.jpg

DSC_0036-2.jpg

DSC_0037-2.jpg

DSC_0038-3.jpg

DSC_9193.jpg