• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

[FOR SALE] RHD, UK Twin-Slider, Tintop, 1972 (project)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Panel
I've been toying with the idea for a while and have recently seen another bus I want enough to put this advert up speculatively.

She's an early '72 (K-reg, crossover), right-hand-drive, UK, twin-slider.

Not a massive project, just been sat for over a year crying for attention I've not been able to lavish upon it.

What I reckon needs doing to get an MOT (had a couple of mates look over her and they agree)
  • No engine (well there's one built but untested that needs some fettling but that's not included at the price. )
  • Small patch under fuel tank (tank is out, been cleaned and repainted)
  • Needs new tyres (been sat too long).
  • CV joints need redoing (couple of bolts have worked themselves loose)
  • Brakes will need looking at (just been sat).
  • Seat belt mounts (have the bigger Schofield panels to do this)
  • General service
and I think that might be it? There's other stuff that will need doing eventually but not MOT worthy. Happy to discuss with serious buyers (yeah, being lazy here).

The good bits (apart from the fact it's a beautiful British beast):
  • Genuinely pretty solid! No holes in cargo floor, cab floors replaced (albeit not brilliantly by a douche that took my money and ran). Nothing in the front Y-sections to report when the cab floors were cut out and when there was a hole in the cab floor cut for a table base by the PO a digital camera with flash reported nothing... also passes the "bang test" on the belly pans.
  • Lovely stance. TH dropped spindles at the front on low-pros with coilovers and 1 spline down at the back.
  • Did I mention that she's British, RHD and has twin-sliding doors? ;)
  • Both sliders in good nick
  • Full Devon interior included. Is in parts and has been sanded down. Just needs 2 panels remaking, a lick of varnish and then put back together. I spent a long time looking for the perfect interior layout for a twin slider and reckon this is the business!
  • Have lots of other parts that can be negotiated in the asking price for the right person. Can't think what's kicking about in the garage but there's a lot!

Haven't got any recent pictures and don't currently live where she's stashed so here's the best I can offer for now. Will go get more pics if there is some genuine interest :)

dsc0127xt.jpg

As for a price? How does £4,500 sound? Seriously, how does that sound? I reckon she's worth it but if I'm being daft let me know.

Not rude mate, genuinely wasn't sure on what price to put. Would sell with the existing engine but I can't guarantee it's a runner (built it myself you see ;) ).

Open to offers, negotiation and comments.

Oh George,, just spotted this and very very sad to see this little bus going, was hoping against hope that you`d be out and about in it this year now that you`re a bit bettererer (that`s Brizzal by the way) You remember Brizzal ,,, don`t you George?? Funnily enough you`d almost get half of that for selling the sliders on their own. I`ll have a word around mate, I`m sure you`ll get that,,,,, possibly more, because it`s such a genuine RHD bus. Good luck with it all George :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,Always wanted to make a video with a twin slider,, with people continually going in :mrgreen:

Late bank holiday bump.

Not sure if I mentioned earlier but the van is in Leeds and if you want to come and have a nosey or have a chat on the phone drop me a PM :)

Latest posts