• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: Set of 4 original early bay steel wheels with tyres

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malc

Reaction score
I took these off my 1971 bay when I fitted a set of SSP alloys - they've been stored in my heated cellar ever since (I think about 4 years). Two of the tyres are really good: one is like new, with about 8 mm of tread right across the width, and another looks nearly new, about 7mm tread across the width (measured with a proper tread depth gauge). Looking at the other two tyres though, I think the MOT inspector (who passed them!) must have been in a very good mood because they're pretty ropey. Fine for putting on a van that's being worked on, but not so good for road use. The original steel wheels themselves are fine. Sadly my bay has gone now - so these need to go too - £60 for the set, or nearest offer

Located in south Manchester

Collection only please, don't fancy packing these up for shipping!

I have photos but couldn't work out how to add them to the advert

Still for sale, if anyone's interested. Not what I would have called 'wide fives'. These are 5-stud, 112 mm PCD with a circular hub hole. So I think they might be called 'narrow five'. They are the original steel wheels that would have been fitted at the factory to a 1971 type 2 VW.

Please PM me if you want more info or photos.

I'd forgotten about these, they're still in my (heated) cellar. Apologies to jtdoherty, I didn't see your request! Any interest from anyone..?

Latest posts