French Slammer Products from Midland Early Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham L

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Hightop Panel
Hope the mods don't mind, posted this in the traders area but thought it was worth posting here as well :mrgreen:

Midland Early Bay are pleased to announce that they are now the UK stockist for the complete French Slammer range of products from Vintage Autohaus in France.

This includes narrowed ball joint beams, dropped spindles for drum & disc brakes, yes you read that correctly for drum brake spindles, 71/72 discs set up and the late bay disc set up as well as spindles to take 944 brakes, adjustable rear spring plates and so much more.

More details to follow so watch this space but in the meantime if you are looking to lower your bus then get in touch as we have an order of parts arriving soon.

Prices to follow but the beam comes as a complete set up you just add the dampers you want and the correct dropped spindles for your set up, simples :lol: :lol:

Pictures of dropped spindles to follow

Tell me what you are looking for guys and I can sort prices for you, having driven 2 of Christophes (vintage autohaus boss) buses in France recently the ride is superb and better than my bus fitted with a knl beam.

My bus and the valley electric panel van will both be getting French Slammer beams and dropped spindles so that customers can drive it for themselves and self, just need to find time to do this :)

No problem but you have to run late bay spindles and run adapters from 5 x112 to 5 x 205, that's what I'm going to be fitting to the panel van.

French slammer make some adapters that do this and so does Butty, it's the cheapest way of running discs up front on a wide 5 bus and the fact that the track widens by 10mm on the spindle and 10mm on the adaptor place is negated by the narrowed beam so you still get 9cm narrowing over all which is approx 3.5 inches on the 11cm beam or 6cm narrower (2.5 inches) on the 8cm beam

You lost me on the 11cm - 8cm beams :? Suppose it will keep it all vw parts, does it include the tie rods or would I adapt the old ?

Us English are weird and still use imperial measurements for stuff.
4" ~ 10cm
11cm ~ 4.3"

Basically the beams are narrowed by either 8 or 10cm.
The spindles add 1cm to your track.
The adaptors also add 1cm to your track.

Therefore if you want the whole shebang the beam tucks you in 10cm and the spindles and adaptors being you back out 2cm, giving you a 8cm narrowing.

trebor said:
I want to keep the wide 5 but also want disks up front :?

Graham L said:
No problem but you have to run late bay spindles and run adapters from 5 x112 to 5 x 205, that's what I'm going to be fitting to the panel van.

French slammer make some adapters that do this and so does Butty, it's the cheapest way of running discs up front on a wide 5 bus and the fact that the track widens by 10mm on the spindle and 10mm on the adaptor place is negated by the narrowed beam so you still get 9cm narrowing over all which is approx 3.5 inches on the 11cm beam or 6cm narrower (2.5 inches) on the 8cm beam

This is also what I want graham, been looking at doing a disc upgrade 8) do they do it as a complete thing, 11cm beam, late bay drop spindles, late bay discs/calipers and 205 adapters?

If so could I have a supplied price please 8)

Dropped spindles for drums, wide 5. Do these increase tbe track at all? are They the flipped balljoint style Spindles?

And a price for a narrowed beam out of interest.

cheers

Give me a price then :D does it come with new tie rods ? What's the best offset on the front wheels if I went for dropped spindle, 71 disk set up with adaptor plate ? Do the ball joints get locked into arms with some sort of clip ?

Hi Guys

Sorry been away at Bristol Volksfest for the weekend, we are finalising prices at the moment (exchange rate, shipping etc) once we have these nailed down then we will post prices up on here etc

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk