• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FRONT AXLE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FBI in swansea seem to have a good supply of rust free stock, but you do pay a premium as it's their business. otherwise, something like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-BAYWINDOW-TYPE-2-T2-CAMPER-BUS-RIGHT-HAND-DRIVE-BEAM-AXLE-SOLID-RUSTFREE-/230728479176?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b87d31c8#ht_500wt_1202" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
would be fine, but you can get second hand parts cheaper than that, and you'd need a courier, obviously.
anything from august 1969 will fit, but you may have to put the servo bracket from yours on there if you have one.

Happystamps said:
FBI in swansea seem to have a good supply of rust free stock, but you do pay a premium as it's their business. otherwise, something like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-BAYWINDOW-TYPE-2-T2-CAMPER-BUS-RIGHT-HAND-DRIVE-BEAM-AXLE-SOLID-RUSTFREE-/230728479176?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35b87d31c8#ht_500wt_1202" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
would be fine, but you can get second hand parts cheaper than that, and you'd need a courier, obviously.
anything from august 1969 will fit, but you may have to put the servo bracket from yours on there if you have one.

Happystamps how's your build going not seen any updates lately

Mark 72 crossover superviking

not terribly... thanks for asking :D last time i went back i tried to pop wheels on her, got the back ones on ok but the fronts were putting up a fight. beam went on ok (a relief that all the bolt holes were in the right place after cutting the chassis), i've just gotta get the trailing arms popped out of the spindle so i can get it rolling weekend of the seventeenth. there'll be an update tomorrow most likely- i'm waiting for pictures to be emailed tome (borrowed a friend's camera)

Latest posts